Topics

locked Yet another bug #bug

Duane

I created a test group named QuickTest.  Then I went in and changed my role from Owner to Member and saved.  Now there's no owner of the group.  Nothing in it, so it should be deleted, otherwise it could become a spam haven.  There needs to be some sort of check to make sure that there's always at least one owner.

Duane

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:09 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

I created a test group named QuickTest.  Then I went in and changed my role from Owner to Member and saved.  Now there's no owner of the group.  Nothing in it, so it should be deleted, otherwise it could become a spam haven.  There needs to be some sort of check to make sure that there's always at least one owner.

Yipes. I have checks in the code to prevent this kind of thing, but you found the one place that wasn't protected. I've fixed that, and will delete that group. 

Thanks,
Mark

Duane

On our groups, I'm known for finding things that don't want to be found. Looks like it works here, too. ;>)

Thanks,
Duane

Duane

The group (QuickTest) has been deleted, but it still shows up in the "Find a group" search pages.

Duane

Didn't have a chance to manually reindex the groups last night. It's been done and quicktest no longer appears.

Thanks,
Mark

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 5:50 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

The group (QuickTest) has been deleted, but it still shows up in the "Find a group" search pages.

Duane

Duane

Thanks again! I'd guess that at some point the reindexing will become automatic. For minor things like this, I'd rather you wait until it turns up on your schedule. At least when I clicked on the group name, it told me it had been deleted, so not really a big problem.

Duane

When a group is normally deleted, all of this is taken care of automatically. With Quicktest, I had to delete things by hand, 'tis all.

Mark

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
Thanks again!  I'd guess that at some point the reindexing will become automatic.  For minor things like this, I'd rather you wait until it turns up on your schedule.  At least when I clicked on the group name, it told me it had been deleted, so not really a big problem.

Duane