Topics

moderated Yahoo Groups transfers on and extended to December 5th

Donald Hellen

Sorry about that. I was thinking this was a Group Managers Forum post.
Mark DOES read posts here but he's on vacation right now as I
understand it.

This is best discussed in the group manager's forum on GIO but the
wiki article should give you want you need to know besides what I
already posted.

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 13:10:00 -0500, "Donald Hellen"
<donhellen@...> wrote:

This is a self-help group. Mark doesn't read the messages here.

https://groups.io/g/ICOM
https://groups.io/g/Ham-Antennas
https://groups.io/g/HamRadioHelp

> Hi Mark,
>
> New to Groups.io. I've searched all over looking for a step
> by step guide on how to transfer a YahooGroups archive
> and can't seem to find it, so here are some questions.
. . . . .

Steve -
This is probably a question better asked on the Group Managers Forum https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum . You don't need to be a member to read posts there, but I recommend joining it for the tremendous resource.

You are not alone, and your question is fairly common over there and worth doing a quick search of the messages = and especially the wiki there =.

As someone who is trying to rescue an orphan group from Yahoo I am in this situation myself, and I suspect there will be new developments on this situation fairly soon.

Dano

Donald Hellen

The important thing to do now is request Yahoo to prepare a download
of your Yahoo groups before they no longer offer it sometime next
month. Then you can read about your options in posts on GMF.

Directions on how to do that are in both Yahoo and GIO GMF groups.
Join both and read posts going back a few weeks for information that
might be helpful.

This group is for product suggestions and bugs in the GIO system.

Donald

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 13:45:58 -0700, "D R Stinson" <@steeplecab> wrote:

roup from Yahoo I am in this situation myself, and I suspect there will be new developments on this situation fairly soon.

https://groups.io/g/ICOM
https://groups.io/g/Ham-Antennas
https://groups.io/g/HamRadioHelp

Duane

On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 03:02 PM, Donald Hellen wrote:
This group is for product suggestions and bugs in the GIO system.
Mark has asked that this group only be used for suggestions on improvements and enhancement of features.  Bugs should be reported to support@groups.io  It doesn't hurt to check on GMF though, because things work a bit differently here than on YG, so some 'bugs' really aren't.

Duane

I've also finally noticed the handy-dandy #transferupdate hashtag, which when muted will prevent yahoo-transfer messages from flooding your inbox, assuming the topic has been appropriately tagged.

Steve G

Thank you Donald and everyone else who replied with helpful information. You've got me pointed in the right direction.

Have a great rest of your holiday season!

Steve