moderated why removed topic button from threads? #misc

dave w

Not a change I like. Sometimes one wants to 'go back' to where they were.
Forcing ppl to use the 'breadcrum' [Topics] or navigate to 'Messages' menu, shoing inconsistent terminology as separate issue, but the button? I see no reason for the change.
Thanks d

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 4:05 PM dave w <groupsmaster@...> wrote:
Not a change I like. Sometimes one wants to 'go back' to where they were.
Forcing ppl to use the 'breadcrum' [Topics] or navigate to 'Messages' menu, shoing inconsistent terminology as separate issue, but the button? I see no reason for the change.

I think you're referring to the Topics button with the left arrow that was displayed when viewing a topic? I removed that when I fixed the breadcrumb for that page. Clicking the Topics link in the breadcrumb does the exact same thing as the old Topics button did. I did this to make the page more consistent with the rest of the site as well as to display more nicely on mobile/the app.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 06:05 PM, dave w wrote:
Sometimes one wants to 'go back' to where they were.
The Back button on my browser does that.  I don't think I ever used the site's back button.  The advantage of using the site button/breadcrumb is that it will show you which topic you just looked at.

Duane