Topics

Why doesn't Hard bounce go away when a bounce probe is successful? #misc

Bob Bellizzi

I have a couple of recent Hard Bouncing members at Bellsouth (yeah, I know it's Yahoo hosting) and when I sent a bounce probe and it's successful it doesn't turn off the Red B.  Shouldn't it?

--

Bob Bellizzi

It should turn it off. Do you know it's successful because you see a log entry saying " is no longer bouncing"? If not, how do you know it's successful?

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 11:08 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
when I sent a bounce probe and it's successful
It's my understanding that successful delivery of a bounce probe doesn't unbounce the account.  The receiver also has to click on the link in the message to verify receipt.

Duane

Chris Jones

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 11:43 AM, Duane wrote:
It's my understanding that successful delivery of a bounce probe doesn't unbounce the account.  The receiver also has to click on the link in the message to verify receipt.
My understanding as well. However, while this point is made in the Owners' Manual I have not been able to find it in the Members' Manual.

If others concur with this observation then "one for Nina", perhaps.

Chris

If course “successful” means the user has to have clicked on the link to unbounce themselves;) Which is why I asked Bob how he knew it had been siccessful. There would have been a log entry “is no longer bouncing.”

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 04:03 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
I have not been able to find it in the Members' Manual.
It used to be in the Help pages, prior to all the manuals. Is it gone now? I have not yet tried to nagivate the manuals.

Bob Bellizzi

Anyway she finally responded to the Bounce probe and it was almost two days after I sent the probe and it's finally disappeared so she's no longer pouncing some people

--

Bob Bellizzi

Bob Bellizzi

Forgot to say thank you all for the help
--

Bob Bellizzi