Topics

moderated Welcome message delivered to NC members #bug

Chris Jones

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 03:14 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
It shows in the activity log but does not show in her email delivery history. So that's a definite bug, and probably just a logging bug
Another possible shortcoming is that while a Moderator resending a Confirmation Email is logged (albeit not as completely as it might be) a member responding to it has no coresponding activity logged; the only way a Moderator can see if the prompt has been actioned is to trawl through the membership list to see if the flag has gone away.

I cannot remember if it was on this forum or GMF but someone suggested an enhanced drop - down selection for "Members". Being able to find the NCs easily might be a worthwhile function.

Chris

Another (minor) issue is that the action available to the moderator is “send confirmation message” but it is logged in the activity log as “resent confirmation message.” This is confusing because “send” reads as if it has not already been sent and you’re sending it for the first time.

On May 5, 2020, at 8:03 AM, Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 03:14 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
It shows in the activity log but does not show in her email delivery history. So that's a definite bug, and probably just a logging bug
Another possible shortcoming is that while a Moderator resending a Confirmation Email is logged (albeit not as completely as it might be) a member responding to it has no coresponding activity logged; the only way a Moderator can see if the prompt has been actioned is to trawl through the membership list to see if the flag has gone away.

I cannot remember if it was on this forum or GMF but someone suggested an enhanced drop - down selection for "Members". Being able to find the NCs easily might be a worthwhile function.

Chris

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 07:14 AM, J_Catlady wrote:

Resent the confirmation email. It shows in the activity log but does not show in her email delivery history. So that's a definite bug, and probably just a logging bug.

This has now been fixed.

Thanks, Mark

I'm glad that part has been fixed! There is, of course, still the (major) issue with the confusion caused by the overlaying of the term "confirm," the welcome message going out to NC members, and making it so that all restricted groups (not just premium restricted groups) confirm their members upon approval.

Thanks!

A mental typo: I meant “overloading,” not “overlaying.”

On May 6, 2020, at 3:47 PM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

I'm glad that part has been fixed! There is, of course, still the (major) issue with the confusion caused by the overlaying of the term "confirm," the welcome message going out to NC members, and making it so that all restricted groups (not just premium restricted groups) confirm their members upon approval.

Thanks!

The plot thickens. There's yet another anomaly: In my basic group, I have an option available to "resend confirmation message" to an NC member. But in my premium group, which has acquired an NC member as of this morning, the only option available with respect to confirmation is "confirm" the member. The NC member has not yet responded to the pending email so he has not been approved (if and when he's approved, he would be confirmed automatically). Although I have the option to confirm him right now, I don't want to do that yet because I don't know yet whether he's real. I simply want the confirmation email to be resent at this point.

But I have no option to resend the confirmation email. Why not? Could this action be added for premium groups, since it's available even in basic groups? Of course he would be confirmed automatically if and when he is approved, but I don't want to wait for that and would like it to be sent now.