moderated Use calendar colour codes on Upcoming Events message #suggestion

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

the calendar provides the option to apply colour codes to different events and we use those to indicates different event types. These show up nicely on the different calendar views such as Month:

and List

Would it be possible to list the colour codes in the Upcoming Events message too so that they are just as easily identifiable? Something like this perhaps:

Regards
Andy

I’m going to jump onto this one. Noting that color-coding is available for the differing calendar events, can this same coding be applied to the Members List and members names? I asked and Francis replied
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/41096. I had already reviewed the suggestion within the reply and found it less-than friendly or effective to use.
This thread literally mimes my query in its intent. And the appearance of it is exactly what I’m looking for.
Thanks.

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 02:34 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
Would it be possible to list the colour codes in the Upcoming Events message too so that they are just as easily identifiable?
Thought I'd give this a nudge now we have colour coding for members sorted.

Regards
Andy

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 7:40 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 02:34 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
Would it be possible to list the colour codes in the Upcoming Events message too so that they are just as easily identifiable?
Thought I'd give this a nudge now we have colour coding for members sorted.

I thought I had added that a while ago. Are they not appearing as colored dots to the left of the event names? This is in the #cal-summary emails, right?

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 3:42 PM Mark Fletcher via groups.io <markf=corp.groups.io@groups.io> wrote:
I thought I had added that a while ago. Are they not appearing as colored dots to the left of the event names? This is in the #cal-summary emails, right?

Addendum: They have been added to #cal-summary emails, but the dots wouldn't show in the group archives because we were stripping all instances of the `height` CSS property. We're no longer stripping that property, so the dots should now show up in the archives (they should already be showing up in email clients).

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 12:03 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
They have been added to #cal-summary emails,
They have not appeared in any #cal-summary email since I raised this suggestion and I'll need to wait another 48 hours (until Friday morning) now to see if they appear in the next one.

Thanks
Andy

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 03:20 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I'll need to wait another 48 hours (until Friday morning) now to see if they appear in the next one.
Well Friday morning finally arrived and I have a problem with the #cal-summary message that was generated fro my allmembers group. When I view (not edit) the pending message, I see the colour coding for the event but also all the HTML tags in the text:

When I edit the pending message, the colour coding is not shown and neither are the HTML tags:

When the message is approved, it appears in the archive and the received email OK but without colour coding.

Regards
Andy

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 7:27 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
Hi Mark,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 03:20 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I'll need to wait another 48 hours (until Friday morning) now to see if they appear in the next one.
Well Friday morning finally arrived and I have a problem with the #cal-summary message that was generated fro my allmembers group. When I view (not edit) the pending message, I see the colour coding for the event but also all the HTML tags in the text:

This should be fixed now.

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 10:31 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Well Friday morning finally arrived and I have a problem with the #cal-summary message that was generated fro my allmembers group. When I view (not edit) the pending message, I see the colour coding for the event but also all the HTML tags in the text:

This should be fixed now.
Another Friday morning and another update.  Now, when I view (not edit) the #cal-summary message I see the event colours and correctly formatted text which is good. However, when I edit the message, the colour coding is removed so does not appear in the archive or emailed message after a 'save & approve'..

Regards
Andy

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 7:03 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
Hi Mark,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 10:31 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Well Friday morning finally arrived and I have a problem with the #cal-summary message that was generated fro my allmembers group. When I view (not edit) the pending message, I see the colour coding for the event but also all the HTML tags in the text:

This should be fixed now.
Another Friday morning and another update.  Now, when I view (not edit) the #cal-summary message I see the event colours and correctly formatted text which is good. However, when I edit the message, the colour coding is removed so does not appear in the archive or emailed message after a 'save & approve'..

I'm not able to reproduce this. Off-list can you send me a link to the message in the archives?

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 06:35 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I'm not able to reproduce this. Off-list can you send me a link to the message in the archives?
I've done some investigation and I can see that the message that Groups.io generates uses the following construct to place a coloured marker before the event title:

However, a quick search with your favourite engine throws up lots of references saying display:inline-block is not supported in Outlook clients.

Regards
Andy