Topics

locked Unmoderated groups - alerting the list-owner about problem posts

Frances

What about a "report comment" or "Flag as inappropriate" button for unmoderated groups? The owner would be notified so he or she could review the post.

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Frances <travel@...> wrote:

What about a "report comment" or "Flag as inappropriate" button for unmoderated groups? The owner would be notified so he or she could review the post.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of such a thing. I'd think that the moderators would be seeing every message as is, so wouldn't need something like that. Am I wrong? Would this be useful?

Thanks,
Mark

Judy F.

Mark, is this something that could be turned off?  As I said before, all groups are not created equal and don’t work where a like, dislike or whatever is needed.

Thanks,

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 12:47 AM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Unmoderated groups - alerting the list-owner about problem posts

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Frances <travel@...> wrote:

Interesting. I hadn't thought of such a thing. I'd think that the moderators would be seeing every message as is, so wouldn't need something like that. Am I wrong? Would this be useful?

Thanks,

Mark

Frances

I have set my family group on groups.io to 

•  Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.

• I assumed this meant unmoderated. So no, I wouldn't see every message, at least not right away. I could see many other groups operate this way. It is the way many other newspaper sites work for comments too.

• Judy F. asked if this could be a setting that could be turned off. Perhaps it should be part of the setting for the group that the list-owner controls. An option.