moderated unify moderation response #suggestion

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 12:14 AM, Glenn Glazer wrote:

As it stands though, there is a logical separation of moderator actions in the current approach as you Reply to Approve or tap/click a link to Reject or Delete; thereby eliminating the risk of tapping/clicking the wrong link if an Approve link was present.  Anything that reduces the chance of the wrong option being selected is a plus point for me (and the Discard button on the Web UI was recently moved to prevent accidental use) so I would say keep the notification email as it is.

Well you could say the same thing of the situation now, one could click reject when they meant delete or vice-versa. While I grant human error exists, I tend to think more highly of people who sign up to be admins and moderators as being rather more savvy than the average group member. I think going after 100% error free user interfaces results inevitably in loss of reasonable functionality, making it less useful rather than more so.
Nobody is talking about 100% error free and that can never be the case when you ass human interaction into the mix.

When you receive an email notification for a pending message your primary decision is "Do I approve this?" If your answer is Yes then you Reply. If your answer is No then you have a secondary decision "Reject or Delete?".  It's probably less important to make a wrong decision between Reject or Delete than it is to mistakenly approve a message when it should not have been or to Reject/Delete a message when it should have been approved. So, the fact that the Approve and Reject/Delete actions employ different techniques is entirely logical and helps to avoid mistakes.

Andy

Glenn Glazer

On 02/14/2021 00:53, Andy Wedge wrote:
It's probably less important to make a wrong decision between Reject or Delete than it is to mistakenly approve a message when it should not have been or to Reject/Delete a message when it should have been approved. So, the fact that the Approve and Reject/Delete actions employ different techniques is entirely logical and helps to avoid mistakes.

That's opinion. You are trying to make your preference the preference of all users. I'm trying to create a scenario in which different preferences can be satisfied.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est

Mark Murphy

I agree with Glenn's suggestion and his subsequent replies to comments. He is just asking for a third link for this purpose. What exactly is the downside?

Duane

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 09:19 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
On 02/13/2021 19:17, Duane wrote:
That would be the way you have Thunderbird set up.  For me, the 'sent' message goes in the Sent folder of my Gmail account, not the Inbox.

Duane

Sure, but it's still a duplicate I don't need.
In that case, I would use POP3 for email so there are never duplicates in various email clients.

Duane