moderated Unable to edit a locked topic this morning #bug #misc

I needed to edit and resend a message in a locked topic this morning, but got a red banner
"This thread has been locked by the moderators; edits are not allowed."

Is this a new bug, or a conscious change? It's definitely an old banner, judging by the term "thread." So is it perahps obsolete? Perhaps failed to be removed when the change allowing mods to edit and post to locked topics was implemented?

Thanks.