moderated Tiny working tweak: change activity log entry "changed group member notice" to "changed member notice" #suggestion

The wording of the activity log entry when a mod changes a Member Notice parses badly. It reads "changed group member notice." I'd leave out the word "group." As you start to read the entry, it initially sounds like the mod did something to a group member. The meaning becomes clear as you finish reading the phrase, but leaving out "group" would be immediately clearer and would also match the element affected, which is called in all other contexts a "Member Notice," not a "grouip member notice."
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

oops - title should read “wording tweak”

On Apr 11, 2022, at 9:53 AM, Janet_Catlady via groups.io <JanetOliviaCatlady@...> wrote:

The wording of the activity log entry when a mod changes a Member Notice parses badly. It reads "changed group member notice." I'd leave out the word "group." As you start to read the entry, it initially sounds like the mod did something to a group member. The meaning becomes clear as you finish reading the phrase, but leaving out "group" would be immediately clearer and would also match the element affected, which is called in all other contexts a "Member Notice," not a "grouip member notice."
--
J

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

--
J