The word "owner" (prefix to photo album name) should say "album owner" #suggestion

Our group members upload albums with photos of their cats. But groups.io uses the word "owner" without qualification (i.e., not "album owner") for the album name. Although that word is followed by the member display name, it can sometimes be misleading and look like it's talking about the cat owner (since the member name always includes the cat's name). And some of us don't like the "owner" for the person whose cat it is. Some people prefer "caretaker," "pet parent," etc. It would not seem too difficult, and would actually be clearer in any case, if the word "owner" could be changed to "album owner."

To clarify: usually, the group member titles the album with just the cat's name - let's say, Fluffy. Groups.io adds "owner:" to that, resulting in
Fluffy
Owner: Susan with Fluffy
which reads, at first glance, as if we are saying that Susan is the owner of Fluffly.
It seems that a change to
Album Onwer: Susan with Fluffy
would be harmless.

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Jun 5, 2022 at 08:56 PM, Janet_Catlady wrote:
if the word "owner" could be changed to "album owner."

Since you are looking at the photo album where this is displayed, I'm not sure how that be taken to mean anything other than the owner of the album.

Regards
Andy

Because it displays, in this order:
Fluflly Album
Owner:  [group member]

On Sun, Jun 5, 2022 at 02:56 PM, Janet_Catlady wrote:
Fluffy Album
Owner:  [group member]
The members of our group will see "owner" and never in a million years think it means the owner of the album. They will think (as even I did), "Owner of Fluffy." And no harm is done to any other group by changing it to "Album Owner."

Andy

I think my reply may be off-topic.  But many pet custodians no longer call themselves "owners", any more than they would say own their human children.

While on the one hand they might not think "owner of Fluffy", they also might be offended by wording that implies cat ownership.

(Anyway, does anyone ever own a cat?  Isn't it the other way around?)  :-)

Andy

Andy,
Exactly! That’s my whole point.

On Jun 5, 2022, at 7:46 PM, Andy <AI.egrps+io@...> wrote:

I think my reply may be off-topic.  But many pet custodians no longer call themselves "owners", any more than they would say own their human children.

While on the one hand they might not think "owner of Fluffy", they also might be offended by wording that implies cat ownership.

(Anyway, does anyone ever own a cat?  Isn't it the other way around?)  :-)

Andy

Andy

Exactly! That’s my whole point.

Oops, I didn't notice that you said that already in the first message.

Anyway, I agree with you that saying "Album owner" is better; that's the point I was making too.

Andy