The Groups.io app is now live for iOS and Android #update

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that the Groups.io app is now available for both iOS and Android. Here are the links:

Cheers,
Mark

Woo hoo! Congrats, Mark!

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 3:54 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that the Groups.io app is now available for both iOS and Android. Here are the links:

Cheers,

Peter Cook

Congratulations, Mark! Well done!

Pete

Peter Cook

Weirdly, it doesn't show up if I do a search in the app store on my iPhone. But when I click the link you posted it finds it just fine.

Pete

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 4:23 PM Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:
Weirdly, it doesn't show up if I do a search in the app store on my iPhone. But when I click the link you posted it finds it just fine.

It was just approved. My guess is that it's a caching issue on their end with their search infrastructure.

Glenn Glazer

On the Android version, if I ask for a magic login link, clicking on the link I get in my email goes to Chrome and logs me in there. There doesn't seem to be a way to direct it to the app, which is still not logged in.

Best,

Glenn

On 09/17/2021 15:54, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that the Groups.io app is now available for both iOS and Android. Here are the links:

Cheers,

#calcare
PG&E Delenda Est

Peter Cook

Here it is!

I just forwarded Mark's announcement to my group. But it strikes me that the info should be made available to all groups. Maybe a banner?

Joseph Hudson

Of this is awesome, I definitely look forward to trying it on android.

On Sep 17, 2021, at 5:54 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that the Groups.io app is now available for both iOS and Android. Here are the links:

• iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/groups-io-app/id1553820507
• Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.groups.webapp
Cheers,
Mark

John McLachlan

hmmm.   Logging in was a challenge.  There is no 'login with google' button on the app like there is on the web site, so I had to do the 'send me a link' thing.

KWKloeber

I don’t know if this is a #suggestion or not, but I’ll try here first.

Something that drives me CRAZY and I suspect others too, is that links ALWAYS open in an app rather that a website (which are typically much more inclusive with features, info, whatever compared to apps.). I’ve uninstalled so many apps like eBay, Lowe’s, etc for that reason.

SO Mark, could the message footers be such that ‘View/reply on the web and ‘use the app’ are options??

Double Whoo Hoo!!

KWKloeber

Needs some touch up.

Using the iOS app I clicked Help.  Nothing.

I clicked to reply to a msg on this thread and this popped up:

when sending my last msg, this error popped up:

Pat Pratt

So far works fine for me. Have notified my groups. Much easier than shuffling through Safari pages
--
Pat Pratt

coprosowner

If you click on “Pricing” it navigates out of your group to a page that shows all of the groups you belong to.

---
CoProS Owner

Pamela Tatt

Hi Mark,

I have the Android app - unfortunately "Files" dont open??
Maybe there is a bug in the system?

We rely a lot on our Files and many of our members have mentioned this problem.

Thanks for all you do to make our G.io experience so 'painless'

Pamela
Knit4Charities

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 11:54 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I'm happy to announce that the Groups.io app is now available for both iOS and Android.
Do you still wish to use the app subgroup to raise bugs on these or bring everything back to the main beta group?  There have already been some issues raised in this topic so it may be worth clarifying.

Thanks
Andy

Derek Milliner

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 07:31 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
or bring everything back to the main beta group?
And if so, would want the #app, #ios, #android hashtags added for the group?