Topics

moderated #suggestion Need Ability to Post or Reply to Group as Owner #suggestion

Jeremy H

It should be possible (actually, I would say it is necessary to be able) to post a message - either as a New Topic or Reply - as and from the Group Owner (Owner e-mail address) (clearly identifiable as such), i.e.  for the message to arrive from 'Group Owner <Group+Owner@groups.io>' .

For any such message - given its likely object - I would want it to be very clear that it is from the Group Owner as such, and not me (who happens to be owner).

At present, while it is possible to post a New Topic using the owner e-mail (but it arrives with my display name), it is not possible to reply 'from' the owner e-mail.

Jeremy

I agree that this would be really useful. I've hacked around the lack by creating a "group xyz owner" email address and account, but in order to use it to post I have to log out of my regular account, log into the other one, post from it, log out again, and log back into my regular account.

Andy Wedge

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 04:47 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
but in order to use it to post I have to log out of my regular account, log into the other one, post from it, log out again, and log back into my regular account.
I use Firefox with the Multi-Account Containers add-on. I can open a different browser tab associated with a different container and have different accounts logged in at the same time. Switching accounts is therefore just a case of switching to a different browser tab. There are probably other add-ons in different browsers that do something similar but this one works for me.

Andy

Chris Jones

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 04:31 PM, Jeremy H wrote:
It should be possible (actually, I would say it is necessary to be able) to post a message - either as a New Topic or Reply - as and from the Group Owner
I asked for this over two years ago; see #16576. I hope that the idea gets to the top of pile at some point.

Chris