Topics

locked Suggestion for files settings

Judy,

What you need is in Settings > Member Notices.

Trish

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 9:11 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:
Duane, if it doesn't also provide a way to send an automatic message to a specific email address, when they are pended, actually join, leave group, denied, etc. that doesn't help those of us that use that feature in Yahoo Groups quite extensively.  Example:  When someone joins the selling group, they are pended and an email is automatically, sent asking for required information and ask that it be returned within a certain amount of time.  If we get it within that time and all of the information is there, I then approve them.  If I don't get it in that amount of time, I deny the request to join.

I really don't see how the calendar can do this type thing, since it isn't a recurring event and is directed to a specific email address for a specific reason.  The others are for information purposes only.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Judy F.

Thanks Trish.  I don’t have  a group set up so I can’t check it out.  If it does what I mentioned below, then I’m happy.

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

[...]

Thanks Trish, but I don’t think we are talking about the same thing.  If I am reading that page correctly, those settings are group settings (who can do what).  That’s not what I am talking about.

When we have a member join the group, they are pended.  Also at that time, a message is automatically sent to them under the Pended category requesting information.  Another options is a letter goes out to welcome them when they are approved, another if they are denied, etc.  These various messages do not go out to everyone nor do they go out weekly/monthly, etc.  Just the one time to that particular individual.

I don’t see anything like that when I click on the Setting option.

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

[...]

There's more than one tab on the Settings page. Click "Member Notices"
near the top center.

-- Shal

Judy F.

Shal, I thought I did and I still get the list I referred to. Here's what I did
On the group, I clicked the Setting button on the left
When I scroll down it shows Moderated, Restricted, etc.
I then clicked Member Notices at the top and it shows a welcome message
I clicked Update Notices at the bottom and it looks like I get basically the same options as above.
I also clicked on all of the down arrows

I'm lost. I don't see any place where I can pick when pended, when approve, when denied, etc. I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

> If I am reading that page correctly, those settings are group > settings (who can do what). That’s not what I am talking about.

There's more than one tab on the Settings page. Click "Member Notices"
near the top center.

-- Shal

Judy F.

My note did not look like this when I sent it. Each one of the steps I took were on separate lines. Is this because I am replying from Outlook and it is set to HTML?

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA