Topics

locked Suggestion for files settings

Judy,

What you need is in Settings > Member Notices.

Trish

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 9:11 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:
Duane, if it doesn't also provide a way to send an automatic message to a specific email address, when they are pended, actually join, leave group, denied, etc. that doesn't help those of us that use that feature in Yahoo Groups quite extensively.  Example:  When someone joins the selling group, they are pended and an email is automatically, sent asking for required information and ask that it be returned within a certain amount of time.  If we get it within that time and all of the information is there, I then approve them.  If I don't get it in that amount of time, I deny the request to join.

I really don't see how the calendar can do this type thing, since it isn't a recurring event and is directed to a specific email address for a specific reason.  The others are for information purposes only.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Judy F.

Thanks Trish.  I don’t have  a group set up so I can’t check it out.  If it does what I mentioned below, then I’m happy. 

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 9:16 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Re: Suggestion for files settings

Judy,

Trish

Duane, if it doesn't also provide a way to send an automatic message to a specific email address, when they are pended, actually join, leave group, denied, etc. that doesn't help those of us that use that feature in Yahoo Groups quite extensively.  Example:  When someone joins the selling group, they are pended and an email is automatically, sent asking for required information and ask that it be returned within a certain amount of time.  If we get it within that time and all of the information is there, I then approve them.  If I don't get it in that amount of time, I deny the request to join.

I really don't see how the calendar can do this type thing, since it isn't a recurring event and is directed to a specific email address for a specific reason.  The others are for information purposes only.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 9:53 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:

Thanks Trish.  I don’t have  a group set up so I can’t check it out.  If it does what I mentioned below, then I’m happy. 

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Judy,

Trish

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Judy F.

Thanks Trish, but I don’t think we are talking about the same thing.  If I am reading that page correctly, those settings are group settings (who can do what).  That’s not what I am talking about. 

When we have a member join the group, they are pended.  Also at that time, a message is automatically sent to them under the Pended category requesting information.  Another options is a letter goes out to welcome them when they are approved, another if they are denied, etc.  These various messages do not go out to everyone nor do they go out weekly/monthly, etc.  Just the one time to that particular individual. 

I don’t see anything like that when I click on the Setting option. 

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 5:34 AM

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Judy,

Trish

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Judy F.,

If I am reading that page correctly, those settings are group
settings (who can do what). That’s not what I am talking about.
There's more than one tab on the Settings page. Click "Member Notices"
near the top center.

-- Shal

Judy F.

Shal, I thought I did and I still get the list I referred to. Here's what I did
On the group, I clicked the Setting button on the left
When I scroll down it shows Moderated, Restricted, etc.
I then clicked Member Notices at the top and it shows a welcome message
I clicked Update Notices at the bottom and it looks like I get basically the same options as above.
I also clicked on all of the down arrows

I'm lost. I don't see any place where I can pick when pended, when approve, when denied, etc. I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 9:18 PM

Judy F.,

> If I am reading that page correctly, those settings are group > settings (who can do what). That’s not what I am talking about.

near the top center.

-- Shal

Judy F.

My note did not look like this when I sent it. Each one of the steps I took were on separate lines. Is this because I am replying from Outlook and it is set to HTML?

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 9:49 PM
Subject: RE: [beta] Re: Suggestion for files settings

Shal, I thought I did and I still get the list I referred to. Here's what I did On the group, I clicked the Setting button on the left When I scroll down it shows Moderated, Restricted, etc.
I then clicked Member Notices at the top and it shows a welcome message I clicked Update Notices at the bottom and it looks like I get basically the same options as above.

I'm lost. I don't see any place where I can pick when pended, when approve, when denied, etc. I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 9:18 PM

Judy F.,

> If I am reading that page correctly, those settings are group > settings (who can do what). That’s not what I am talking about.

near the top center.

-- Shal

Judy,

Are you talking about the files that go out to pending members or are you talking about approving pending members?

These are Member Notices, which are files that get sent out to:
Welcome 
Pending 
Goodbye 
Banned

All can be modified to suit your group's info/needs.

Trish

​​

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:36 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:

Thanks Trish, but I don’t think we are talking about the same thing.  If I am reading that page correctly, those settings are group settings (who can do what).  That’s not what I am talking about. 

When we have a member join the group, they are pended.  Also at that time, a message is automatically sent to them under the Pended category requesting information.  Another options is a letter goes out to welcome them when they are approved, another if they are denied, etc.  These various messages do not go out to everyone nor do they go out weekly/monthly, etc.  Just the one time to that particular individual. 

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Judy,

Trish

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Judy F.

Trish, I think I replied to you about this earlier today.  We have messages that need to go out for various reasons to a specific person for a specific reason.  This is not the weekly, monthly  messages.  We  send one out when a member joins and is pended.  That message asks for information to be returned.  Once I approve a member, then another message goes out welcoming them.  If I deny a pended request, another message goes out.   All of these are scheduled under various categories

Pending

Denied

These are shown in Yahoo groups Control Panel/Notifications.

Note: I just uploaded a file in the shaltest group and nowhere do I see where I can select a scheduled option such as Joined. 

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 10:04 PM

Judy,

Are you talking about the files that go out to pending members or are you talking about approving pending members?

These are Member Notices, which are files that get sent out to:

Welcome 

Pending 

Goodbye 

Banned

All can be modified to suit your group's info/needs.

Trish

​​

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:36 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Judy,

Trish

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Judy F.

Correct.

Pointless.

I then clicked Member Notices at the top and it shows a welcome message
Correct.

But not just Welcome (when someone joins your group) but also tabs for:
Pending Subscription (restricted groups only),
Goodbye (someone leaves your group), and
Banned (you ban someone).

The tabs are clearly shown in Trish's screen shots (Message #1243 & #1314). "Welcome" is on the left of the row, "Banned" is on the right.

I clicked Update Notices at the bottom and it looks like I get basically
the same options as above.
That button saves the text you entered into the text entry box above the button (and below the row of tabs).

I don't know what you mean by that.

I'm lost. I don't see any place where I can pick when pended, when
approve, when denied, etc. I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it.
I'm baffled that you're lost. You must be expecting to see something different and not recognizing what's there.

-- Shal

Judy F.

OK Shal, I'm with you now! Sometimes it takes a while. Is it possible to
get Denial added?

Thanks to both you and Trish for your help.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:38 AM
Subject: RE: [beta] Re: Suggestion for files settings

Judy F.

Correct.

Pointless.

I then clicked Member Notices at the top and it shows a welcome

But not just Welcome (when someone joins your group) but also tabs for:
Pending Subscription (restricted groups only), Goodbye (someone leaves your
group), and Banned (you ban someone).

The tabs are clearly shown in Trish's screen shots (Message #1243 & #1314).
"Welcome" is on the left of the row, "Banned" is on the right.

I clicked Update Notices at the bottom and it looks like I get
basically the same options as above.
That button saves the text you entered into the text entry box above the
button (and below the row of tabs).

I don't know what you mean by that.

I'm lost. I don't see any place where I can pick when pended, when
approve, when denied, etc. I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it.
I'm baffled that you're lost. You must be expecting to see something
different and not recognizing what's there.

-- Shal