Topics

locked Suggestion for files settings

Linda

Hi Trish,
I also have files that automatically are sent out when new members join, in addition to the welcome message. I hope Mark will add that.

As far as your need for scheduled files "once a week, once a month, once a year, or on a certain date", the calendar on Groups.io makes that possible.

Linda

Linda,

As far as your need for scheduled files "once a week, once a month, once
a year, or on a certain date", the calendar on Groups.io makes that
possible.
Hmm... I hadn't looked at that way, but you're right. The Description available in an event isn't as limited as the one in Yahoo Groups was. So for many purposes where text files are used it might do just as nicely.

For non-text files you can place a link in the text, and it doesn't seem too difficult to pick up the link from the file's name in the Files section. But there's no attachment ability, nor a convenient way to browse for the file you want.

-- Shal

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

Hmm... I hadn't looked at that way, but you're right. The Description available in an event isn't as limited as the one in Yahoo Groups was. So for many purposes where text files are used it might do just as nicely.

For non-text files you can place a link in the text, and it doesn't seem too difficult to pick up the link from the file's name in the Files section. But there's no attachment ability, nor a convenient way to browse for the file you want.

It's always been my intention to have the ability to include attachments in event reminders. I checked and it wasn't on the Trello board, so I've added a card.

Thanks,
MarkĀ