moderated #suggestion for a weekly/monthly digest feature #suggestion

Shlomo Dowen

We have many discussions on a variety of different topics, but not everyone is interested in every discussion. However, because the reasons our members might find a particular topic of interest are so varied, simply dividing topics by subgroup or hashtag would add to the complexity (and the administrative burden) but wouldn't make it much easier for people to filter their messages to access only the ones they were interested in.

As such, what our members have asked for is an option for weekly or monthly digests that list all the topics with new posts during that week or month so that they can review them to ensure they haven't missed anything of interest.

It would be even better if there was an option for the list of topics to be accompanied by information such as who started the thread and who took part in it and how many replies it attracted (both cumulatively and during the month).

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Why not suggest to your members that they use the "Following Only" setting (under Advanced Preferences), with "First Message Also" checked? That would guarantee that no matter what their email delivery method - digest, daily summary, or individual email - it would include the first message of every new topic, and the rest of the messages of any topic they then decide to "Follow" by clicking on "Follow This Topic."

p.s. Following Only also allows them, if they wish, to follow specific hashtags.

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 11:52 AM, Shlomo Dowen wrote:
As such, what our members have asked for is an option for weekly or monthly digests that list all the topics with new posts during that week or month so that they can review them to ensure they haven't missed anything of interest.
The Daily Summary might be worth looking into. It contains no message content but does contain links to topics that have ongoing activity.

From where I'm standing, if you're a month late, you've already missed it.

Regards,
Bruce

Duane

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 12:38 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
The Daily Summary might be worth looking into. It contains no message content but does contain links to topics that have ongoing activity.
This also lists those that took part in the conversation, in the order that they joined the discussion.

Duane