Topics

#suggestion Internationalisation in french ? #suggestion

Axel

Hi,
I manage some groups at Yahoogroups but we need to find another plateform to host our mailing list. We need to find something with a french interface (some member are quit old and don't speak english).
Of course, we could translate the string into french.

Thank you,
Regards,

Axel Rousseau

ro-esp

Offering several more languages would be nice, but for that we'd need a list of ALL notifications and prompts used by groups.io and a way to add translations.

Does Mark have the time to create something like that? Can he hire someone to do it?

groetjes/ĝis, Ronaldo

Benoît Dumeaux

Maybe use of https://crowdin.com/ can help

Georg Klein

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 02:07 PM, Axel wrote:
Hi,
I manage some groups at Yahoogroups but we need to find another plateform to host our mailing list. We need to find something with a french interface (some member are quit old and don't speak english).
Of course, we could translate the string into french.
I have a similar problem with german language: most of my members don't speak english. I am using empty hashtags for explanations, but it is not rally useful.

Regards
Georg Klein

 I have the same problem in my group. Many applicants try to join, but are deterred right from the start when they receieve the English confirmation email. Not everybody speaks English well enough to understand what is required to do so they just turn away. Even if they were able to use a translator, this doesn´t change much because they already are under the impression that the group is in English so they give up.

Yahoo was available in 46 languages. Is it really so difficult to create a polyglot groups.io? It has been requested quite a few times, somehow I remember it was even promised to get done one day ....and I am still hoping...

Victoria