moderated Still seeing Mute/Notify for hashtags when Following Only is set #misc

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

I raised this on GMF a few days ago but got no response.

During some testing on my Owner account I found that if I changed my subscription settings to Following Only (and saved the change) and then went to the Hashtags page, I still see Mute/Notify for each hashtag when I should see Follow/Notify.

It works fine for my Moderator and Member accounts on the same group but for some reason not my Owner account. A bug or am I missing something?

Thanks
Andy

I noticed long ago that both types of options remain, and go into effect (or not) depending on whether you’re FO or not. I think that makes sense and is efficient. If you change to FO, your selections stay. I haven’t looked at this in years so maybe you’re reporting something different, and/or things have changed.

I think of it like a master light switch in conjunction with each individual lamp on the switch being on or off. The individual lamps’ switches stay in or off even if the master switch is off. Then when you turn the master switch on, all the lamps set to “on” turn on.

Then again, I’m still in caffeinated over here…