moderated Standardise date formats in calendar messages #suggestion #fixed

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

I've been wondering for a while why I get different date formats in messages with the #cal-reminder and #cal-notice hashtags compared to the #cal-invite and #cal-cancelled hashtags::

I think it would look better if they were the same format.

Regards
Andy

I had never noticed this…but wholeheartedly agree that there should be a “standard”. I could be a setting, set by the owners/moderators. But it should at least be standardized within each Group.

Dan Tucker, Groups.io  AFDRetiree’s Group Founder/Owner/Moderator

From: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io> on behalf of Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...>
Date: Friday, November 4, 2022 at 4:31 AM
To: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io>
Subject: [beta] Standardise date formats in calendar messages #suggestion

Hi Mark,

I've been wondering for a while why I get different date formats in messages with the #cal-reminder and #cal-notice hashtags compared to the #cal-invite and #cal-cancelled hashtags::

I think it would look better if they were the same format.

Regards
Andy

Jeremy H

Or preferably (to my mind) by member - see account -> display preferences (which should be enhanced to include 'also show day of week when appropriate', before or after full date)

Jeremy

From: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io> on behalf of Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...>
Date: Friday, November 4, 2022 at 4:31 AM
To: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io>

Hi Mark,

I've been wondering for a while why I get different date formats in messages with the #cal-reminder and #cal-notice hashtags compared to the #cal-invite and #cal-cancelled hashtags::

I think it would look better if they were the same format.

Regards
Andy

Andy I

My preference would be to let the USER choose, not the group.

I've got a few groups that are very international, and being an American, my date format is backwards to most of the other members.

(I even have a couple of groups where I prefer the American "military" style date format.  So, for ME, what works best would be to let the group member decide, specific to each group.  But that might be asking too much, and it's work to have to specify it for every group I'm in.)

Andy I