Topics

locked Special Notices, it is done

Ok, I flip flopped. I just pushed to the site the option for subscriptions to be set to special notices only. And there's a checkbox in the group post screen to indicate that a post is a special notice (only moderators/owners get the checkbox).

Mark

Mark, take a look at the description of the Special Notices Only option on the Subscription page.  It is the same as the description of Replies Only.  At least it looks that way to me.  I'm sure that's a quick fix.

JohnF

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM, JohnF via GROUPS.IO <user+1242@groups.io> wrote:

Mark, take a look at the description of the Special Notices Only option on the Subscription page.  It is the same as the description of Replies Only.  At least it looks that way to me.  I'm sure that's a quick fix.

Whoops! Fixed, thanks.

MArk

Duane

Thanks! This is probably the safest way to do things so that members don't get upset. After reading the other comments on this, I can see how it could be abused or not needed for some groups. Duane