moderated Some files missing from export #bug

Gilbert Coville

Every month I do a full export of a couple of my groups. I do this by going to Settings->Export Group Data, checking all the boxes, and clicking the Export Group Data button.

This month, both exports are missing _some_ files from the Files section. The exports are missing .pdf, .jpg, and .jpeg files from the downloaded zip file. The companion .json files are still present in the download, but just the files are missing.

I tried it again a couple days later, but the results are the same.

Gilbert

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 11:06 AM Gilbert Coville <gilbert-groups@...> wrote:
Every month I do a full export of a couple of my groups.  I do this by going to Settings->Export Group Data, checking all the boxes, and clicking the Export Group Data button.

This month, both exports are missing _some_ files from the Files section.  The exports are missing .pdf, .jpg, and .jpeg files from the downloaded zip file.  The companion .json files are still present in the download, but just the files are missing.

I did a quick check of the logs and there were no errors. If you download these files in the Files section, do they actually download? Please send me off-list a list of missing files/groups.

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided off-line. I was able to figure out and fix the bug. Please try exporting your group again.

Gilbert Coville

Confirmed. I re-exported both groups and they work fine now.

Thanks!

Gilbert

On Jun 3, 2021, at 2:18 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided off-line. I was able to figure out and fix the bug. Please try exporting your group again.

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- Hm. A new, related bug...or maybe not.

I've made three attempts to export IAS-INDY over the past three days and have never received the email with the download link.

Could you confirm that the email was actually sent to my account at tds.net? Has there been a recent change to that email, such as it's more likely to be diverted on the receiving end?

Meanwhile, I'll make my GMail account a group Owner and try again.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 08:42 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
Could you confirm that the email was actually sent to my account at tds.net? Has there been a recent change to that email, such as it's more likely to be diverted on the receiving end?

Meanwhile, I'll make my GMail account a group Owner and try again.
Follow-up:  I did receive the link at my GMail address. Not sure what TDS may have been doing with these.

Bruce