Topics

Slow email delivery

Hi All,

FYI: I'm seeing some slow email delivery, and am investigating the issue.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks, glad you noticed this. I’ve been seeing it on and off for a few months but thought I was just impatient or imagining it.

On Jan 14, 2020, at 8:52 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

FYI: I'm seeing some slow email delivery, and am investigating the issue.

RickGlaz-WEB

I think there are a number of reasons. (I can post//receive two entirely different ways...)

Example, my hosting WEBMAIL service posted//notified they are (also) having problems.

Nothing is perfect or can be relied on 100% of the time.
Screenshot attached.

Rick

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 09:24 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I’ve been seeing it on and off for a few months but thought I was just impatient or imagining it
Actually, I take that back. This is a horse of a different hue. That message took 19 minutes to come through in email. Something is definitely amiss, different from before.

Hi All,

The slow email delivery issue has been resolved. There was a bottleneck in the email sending system that was triggered by our ever increasing email traffic. Some additional code and additional compute resources fixed it.

Marv Waschke

Growing pains! Best, Marv