moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

June 23, 2022:

• NEW: If a member has a moderator note, display an icon in the /members page.
  • BUGFIX: Clicking the Edit button on the Pending Messages page with a pending message that has been claimed by another moderator resulted in the raw HTML of the message being displayed. Discussion
  • CHANGE: When setting a subscription to no color in a subgroup, do not inherit the parent group's default color.
  • BUGFIX: The activity log for when a moderator in another group changes a member's email address was not properly recording that it was the action of another group. Discussion
  • CHANGE: The algorithm for determining a member's subgroup color is now as follows: Subgroup default color, member's main color, main group's default color. Discussion

June 22, 2022:

• BUGFIX: When splitting a topic, don't allow the first message in the topic to be the split point. This could happen if the topic was being viewed in newest-first order because we were not properly disabling the Split option in the drop down menu. Discussion
  • BUGFIX: When splitting a topic, don't allow the new topic to be created with an empty subject.

June 21, 2022:

• SYSADMIN: Switched all the web servers from using dnsmasq for DNS resolution to coredns, because of Amazon S3 DNS issues.

I am on vacation next week. The next #changelog will be published on Friday, July 8th.

Take care everyone.

Mark

Glenn Glazer

On 06/24/2022 20:37, Mark Fletcher wrote:
SYSADMIN: Switched all the web servers from using dnsmasq for DNS resolution to coredns, because of Amazon S3 DNS issues.

A small bit of humor on the subject:

A haiku about DNS - It's not DNS. There is no way it's... -
      nixCraft

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est

Duane

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 10:37 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
NEW: If a member has a moderator note, display an icon in the /members page.
Was playing with this and found a small glitch.  Once a note is added, there's no way to remove the icon since there's no 'delete' function for notes.  I tried removing all text and saving, but the icon is still there.

Thanks,
Duane

Can I piggyback on this one with a reminder (already posted) that after you delete attachments from a message, the paperclip icon still stays there? Makes it tough to search specifically for messages with attachments.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu