moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

October 28, 2021:

• NEW: On the mobile view of the /groups page, added a sort by activity icon.

October 27, 2021:

• NEW: On the mobile view of the /groups page, added red unread badges over the group icons.
  • BUGFIX: When paying an overdue invoice, the credit card brand and last 4 digits was not recorded in the invoice record, causing an erroneous Sponsorship reserves entry to be displayed as the Payment Method in the group billing page.

October 25, 2021:

• NEW: The Update Folder dialog box now has a Notify Members checkbox.
  • BUGFIX: When renaming a file, even if the Notify Members checkbox was checked, a group notification was not generated. Discussion
  • NEW: The Files section Move dialog box now has a Notify Members checkbox.
  • BUGFIX: Web-originated private replies to group messages where the sender is subject to DMARC re-writing would have a From line with an incomplete 'via ' part. The Reply-To was correct however.
  • BUGFIX: There was an extra leading / in file modification notification messages. Discussion

The next #changelog will be sent on Friday, November 5th.

Take care everyone.

Mark

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark

On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 05:19 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
A message on an active GMF topic suggests that a change was also made regarding spam filtering and sending notifications to Moderators but nothing is mentioned in this update. Can you clarify please?

Thanks
Andy

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:58 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
Hi Mark

On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 05:19 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
A message on an active GMF topic suggests that a change was also made regarding spam filtering and sending notifications to Moderators but nothing is mentioned in this update. Can you clarify please?

In general I don't talk about our spam filtering, for obvious reasons. I made a change that allowed some additional messages from non-members through the spam filter.

Thanks,
Mark

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:39 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
In general I don't talk about our spam filtering, for obvious reasons. I made a change that allowed some additional messages from non-members through the spam filter.
I can understand not giving details away about the filtering process itself. It was the assertion in that post that messages detected as spam will be forwarded to Mods rather than being rejected that I was wondering about. If that is the case I thought a comment about it would appear on the changelog.

Regards
Andy