Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

February 26, 2021

• DOCS: Updates from Nina.
  • APP: Support for adding attachments/photos from the device (the new app is not yet ready for general testing).

February 25, 2021

• CHANGE: Updated the list of timezones that we use and added a list of aliased timezones, to address ICS file errors. Discussion.

February 24, 2021

• NEW: Filtering incoming messages using the Spamhaus blocklists. We're trialing the service to see if it makes much of a difference.
  • BUGFIX: In ICS files, for modified instances of repeating events, we were not using a unique UID. Discussion.
  • BUGFIX: In ICS files, for repeating events specified in UTC, we were not using the correct format for the DTSTART/DTEND lines. Discussion.

February 23, 2021

• BUGFIX: We were not properly escaping HTML elements in the topic summary lines in the /topics page.
  • CHANGE: If you click on an Unsubscribe link that's already been used to leave a group, we now display an error message.

February 22, 2021

• INTERNAL: Work on monitoring tools to help prevent abuse of the site.
  • CHANGE: If a message is emailed to a non-existent group, we no longer return a list of groups you are subscribed to in the error response. As has been pointed out, that is a security breach.
  • CHANGE: We are now less forgiving of incorrectly formatted SMTP commands from incoming email servers.

Take care everyone.

Mark

Dave Sergeant

For whatever reason my hosting (1&1 Ionos) smtp servers frequently end
up on Spamhaus. When it happens I can use my ISP smtp servers in most
cases but it is still an annoyance as it usually takes Spamhaus several
days to remove them and as an end user it is hard to communicate
directly with Spamhaus. I hope this is just a trial and highlights the
problems.

Dave

On 26 Feb 2021 at 21:25, Mark Fletcher wrote:

- **NEW:** Filtering incoming messages using the Spamhaus blocklists.
We're trialing the service to see if it makes much of a difference.

http://davesergeant.com