Topics

Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

• SYSADMIN: More work to bring up the second email server; working to get Microsoft to stop rate-limiting it.
  • DOCS: Updates to the Owners Manual from Nina.
  • INTERNAL: Switched the internal dashboards/admin system to a different domain to fix cookie issues I was having.
  • INTERNAL: More work on converting templates to quicktemplate.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed formatting of the Past Members page when viewing on mobile.
  • INTERNAL: Better integration with statuspage.io, the hosts of status.groups.io, to make it easier to report/update incidents as they are happening. Also, linked to the @groupsio twitter account.
  • CHANGE: When rejecting a pending message, include the original message in the rejection notice, not the edited version if it exists.
  • NEW: Added infinite scrolling to the message search results page.
  • BUGFIX: Repeating events that end on a specific date sometimes would end one before that date, due to an off-by-one error.
  • CHANGE: On submitting a donation, we now disable the donate button while the donation is being processed to prevent an error on a double submit.
  • BUGFIX: Merging in the search results page was broken.

Take care everyone.

Mark

Andy Wedge

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 05:02 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
SYSADMIN: More work to bring up the second email server; working to get Microsoft to stop rate-limiting it.
That may explain why I'm getting notifications to approve pending messages and memberships hours after I've already seen and done them via the web.  My last membership approval was done at 22:05 on Friday night and the email notification saying it had been requested arrived at 14:06 on Saturday (all times BST).

Andy

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 9:16 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 05:02 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
SYSADMIN: More work to bring up the second email server; working to get Microsoft to stop rate-limiting it.
That may explain why I'm getting notifications to approve pending messages and memberships hours after I've already seen and done them via the web.  My last membership approval was done at 22:05 on Friday night and the email notification saying it had been requested arrived at 14:06 on Saturday (all times BST).

That could be. No new email was being sent via the new email server this past weekend. I turned it back on this morning, and it appears Microsoft is no longer throttling it. Fingers crossed.

Mark