Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog


 

Changes to the site this week:

  • UPDATE: Documentation updates from Nina.
  • NEW: Monthly reminder notices can now be marked to be sent as special messages.
  • NEW: Added missing Notify Members checkboxes to remaining file, photo and album actions with the exception of moving files (TBD).
  • NEW: Added moderator notifications and Notify Member checkboxes for adding, modifying and deleting photo albums.
  • NEW: When moving a photo, added a moved photo activity log entry, Notify Members checkbox, and moderator notification.
  • CHANGE: In the Activity Log, change the word dir to folder when referring to Files Sections actions to be more consistent.
  • NEW: When uploading photos, there is now a text box to enter a description.
  • NEW: Added a Notify Members checkbox to the edit photo page.
  • BUGFIX: We were not properly escaping commas, semicolons and slashes in DESCRIPTION fields when generating calendar ICS files. Also, Google Calendar has a bug where it will ignore the entire DESCRIPTION field if there is a colon in the text, so we now replace any colons with spaces.
  • API: Added /getorg endpoint.
  • CHANGE: For #guidelines-notice and #monthly-notice hashtags, sync the hashtag special field to the member notice special field every month.
  • NEW: Monthly reminder notices can now be marked to be sent as special messages.
  • NEW: When sending out #monthly-notice messages, mimic what we do with #guidelines-notice message, create the #monthly-notice hashtag with a delete timeframe of a month, and all mods options checked.
  • CHANGE: In addition to not sending moderator push notifications to moderators that generated them, also don't send email notifications as well.
  • BUGFIX: Changed z-index of floating table header to be below the Your Groups dropdown.
  • BUGFIX: In the new moderator notifications, we were using the person's account display name, not the individual group display name (which is generally, but not always the same).
  • NEW: Include more information in album and photo group export data.
  • CHANGE: In digests, we were being too aggressive in stripping quoted sections of messages out when we knew the original message was not a reply. This led to some forwarded messages in digests missing key parts.
  • BUGFIX: Summaries were being sent to pending members.
  • API: Changed /registerdevice endpoint to /addpushsub
  • API: Added /getpushsubs, /deletepushsub, and /deleteallpushsubs endpoints.
  • BUGFIX: Fix reflow issue in database table view with new floatThead.

Take care everyone.

Mark


Andy Wedge
 

Thanks Mark,

in addition to the list above, I can see the following:

  • CHANGE: The text 'Upcoming Event' has been removed from #cal-reminder message (Suggestion #25684)
  • CHANGE: The dates in the subject of calendar messages are now in local format (Suggestion #25673)

Regards,
Andy


 

Wow, Mark, you must have cloned yourself this week. :-)
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


Andy Wedge
 

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 05:36 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: For #guidelines-notice and #monthly-notice hashtags, sync the hashtag special field to the member notice special field every month.
I'm a bit confused by this one, on three points:

  • A 'sync' implies two-way updates but the 'to' reference suggests a one-way update copying from the hashtag details 'to' the member notice details
  • The Group Guidelines member notice does not have an option to send it as a Special Notice so what exactly is being 'sync'ed in this case?
  • At what point in the month is this 'sync' supposed to take place? I'm guessing the 1st of each month as that would tie in with some other 'monthly' activities but it would be nice to get confirmation.

Thanks
Andy


Duane
 

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 01:34 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
The Group Guidelines member notice does not have an option to send it as a Special Notice so what exactly is being 'sync'ed in this case?
Actually, it does.  4th checkbox is "Send monthly as special".  I'm a bit confused as well, because it's possible to not have that checked, but still set the hashtag #guidelines-notice to Special.  Maybe that's what this sync does, but I hope Mark will clarify it.

Duane


 

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 11:44 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 01:34 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
The Group Guidelines member notice does not have an option to send it as a Special Notice so what exactly is being 'sync'ed in this case?
Actually, it does.  4th checkbox is "Send monthly as special".  I'm a bit confused as well, because it's possible to not have that checked, but still set the hashtag #guidelines-notice to Special.  Maybe that's what this sync does, but I hope Mark will clarify it.

On the 1st of the month, the process that sends out guidelines and monthly reminder emails first sets the special field of the #guidelines-notice and #monthly-notice hashtags to be the same setting as the `send monthly as special` setting on the appropriate member notice.

Hope this helps.
Mark 


Nina E
 


The Group Guidelines member notice does not have an option to send it as a Special Notice so what exactly is being 'sync'ed in this case?
Actually, it does.  4th checkbox is "Send monthly as special".  I'm a bit confused as well, because it's possible to not have that checked, but still set the hashtag #guidelines-notice to Special.  Maybe that's what this sync does, but I hope Mark will clarify it.

Andy and Duane: Have you seen the updated documentation of the Group Guidelines notice and the #guidelines-notice hashtag? If that info is unclear, please let me know.

- Nina


Andy Wedge
 

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 07:44 PM, Duane wrote:
Actually, it does.  4th checkbox is "Send monthly as special".
The 4th checkbox?



Please point that out to me.

Andy


Andy Wedge
 

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 08:03 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On the 1st of the month,
Thanks for confirming the date, it was as I suspected.

the process that sends out guidelines and monthly reminder emails first sets the special field of the #guidelines-notice and #monthly-notice hashtags to be the same setting as the `send monthly as special` setting on the appropriate member notice.

OK - so it goes the opposite direction to the way I thought it went from reading the changelog.

Andy


Nina E
 

>> Actually, it does.  4th checkbox is "Send monthly as special".

> The 4th checkbox?

You need to select the “Send monthly to group” checkbox first, then the “Send monthly as special” checkbox appears. It’s documented. :-)

 

- Nina


Andy Wedge
 

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 08:08 PM, Nina E wrote:
Andy and Duane: Have you seen the updated documentation of the Group Guidelines notice and the #guidelines-notice hashtag? If that info is unclear, please let me know.
Ah, the 4th checkbox only appears when the 3rd one is checked!  Hmm!   This is a different approach to the First Message Also checkbox on a member's subscription page where the checkbox is visible but not available until Following Only is selected. At least you can see that an option is possible that way but on the Guidelines Notice you can't.  Consistency?

Regards
Andy


Andy Wedge
 

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 05:36 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: In the Activity Log, change the word dir to folder when referring to Files Sections actions to be more consistent.
Hi Mark,

When adding a folder, the moderator notification email states 'added directory'.
When deleting a folder, the moderator notification email states 'The following files have been deleted'
When deleting a folder, the #file-notice to the group states, 'The following files have been deleted'

Waiting for a response to #25718 to view the #file-notice message when a folder is added.

Can we get some consistency here too please?

Thanks
Andy


 

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 7:42 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

When adding a folder, the moderator notification email states 'added directory'.
When deleting a folder, the moderator notification email states 'The following files have been deleted'
When deleting a folder, the #file-notice to the group states, 'The following files have been deleted'

These have been fixed.

Thanks,
Mark 


Andy Wedge
 

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 05:40 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 7:42 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

When adding a folder, the moderator notification email states 'added directory'.
When deleting a folder, the moderator notification email states 'The following files have been deleted'
When deleting a folder, the #file-notice to the group states, 'The following files have been deleted'

These have been fixed.
Hi Mark,

There still seems to be a difference in the content and style of message issued for an folder upload and delete.  For a folder upload, it lists the individual files and the number of them is specified in the message subject:





For a folder delete though, the files within the folder are not listed and it suggests the folder being deleted is an individual file:




If the individual files can be listed on a folder upload, is there a reason why they cannot be listed on a folder delete?

Regards,
Andy