Topics

Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

• CHANGE: Guidelines sent monthly will now have the hashtag #guidelines-notice.
  • CHANGE: Monthly notices will now have the hashtag #monthly-notice.
  • BUGFIX: Notification messages did not obey group moderation settings.
  • NEW: Added notifications for new photos uploaded and wiki additions/changes. Added the #file-notify hashtag to file upload notifications.
  • CHANGE: When uploading files, the checkbox to notify the group is now checked by default.
  • INTERNAL: Changed combinerd daemon to use nsqd.
  • INTERNAL: Added a utility to check for and fix timezone subscription copy-down inconsistencies in the database.
  • CHANGE: Fixed plain text digest subject lines to include subject tags/group titles
  • NEW: Add a Send A Test Notification button in the Account notifications page to test if notifications are working.
  • BUGFIX: Fix issue with merging a topic into a topic that had an apostrophe in the subject line.
  • BUGFIX: If attempting to upload a photo to the Files section, and the group is configured to disallow that, we would still generate an upload notification.
  • NEW: Web push notifications are now supported for Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers via a new tab in the Account section.
  • NEW: You can specify to have push notifications sent on a per-hashtag basis.
  • NEW: Moderator notifications will now be sent by default via both email and web push notifications, if you have them configured. Moderator notification settings are now dropdowns instead of checkboxes.
  • NEW: Moderator notifications for pending members and pending messages will only be sent to moderators with privileges to approve them.

Take care everyone.

Mark

Duane

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 11:43 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
  • NEW: Added notifications for new photos uploaded and wiki additions/changes. Added the #file-notify hashtag to file upload notifications.
  • CHANGE: When uploading files, the checkbox to notify the group is now checked by default.
I believe the correct name is #file-notice (based on a test.)  And Notify Members is back to unchecked as default, at least temporarily.

Duane

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 09:43 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
When uploading files, the checkbox to notify the group is now checked by default.
Didn't this one get changed back?

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 5:48 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 11:43 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I believe the correct name is #file-notice (based on a test.)  And Notify Members is back to unchecked as default, at least temporarily.

You are correct (and I was wrong) on both counts.

Thanks,
Mark