Topics

locked Site updates #changelog


 

Changes to the site today:

  • Removed Show Message History button, quoting message by default for markdown/plain text messages
  • Fixed pagination in Files View and in Files Search View
  • Changed sort order in Files view to have folders show up before files
  • Fixed event reminder display
  • Work on bounce system, addressing bug where bounces are returned some time after the message was sent
  • Fixed calendar bug with all day events that span multiple days
  • Made archives a bit faster by not fetching message previews for all messages on load
  • Testing generating new message-ids in the Beta group, to get around email services not showing messages you've sent
  • Focus is now set on the text area when you reply to a message

Mark


Nightowl >8#
 

Mark wrote:>>Focus is now set on the text area when you reply to a message<<

I don't know what this means, sorry. Do you mean we are now taken to the reply box? If so, I get it. But you said that after replying, I should be taken somewhere more intelligent, I think was the word, but I'm still taken to my reply in the thread (way ahead of where I'm reading).

Brenda


Duane
 

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 05:32 pm, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Changes to the site today:

- Removed Show Message History button, quoting message by default for markdown/plain text messages


Mark

After using the auto quote a bit, I don't care for it. A "Quote message" added button or "Reply with quote" (in addition to "Reply") button would be preferable to me. As was mentioned in another post, folks aren't trimming since they may not realize how much was inserted.

Duane


 

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 05:32 pm, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Changes to the site today:

- Removed Show Message History button, quoting message by default for markdown/plain text messages
. . . . . .
Mark -
I think this is going to be a disaster for our groups. We have some pretty unsophisticated users who will most likely just start typing without deleting anything. If it could be invoked with a "Quote previous message" button on the bottom for only those who know how to use it, I suspect that would help those who want to quote previous while removing the temptation for those who really shouldn't.

Having said that, I really like the way it allows in-line posting in a very convenient format. It's well worth keeping, but we need to make it an option instead of a default.

Dano


 

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:36 pm, D R Stinson dano@... wrote:

I think this is going to be a disaster for our groups. We have some pretty unsophisticated users who will most likely just start typing without deleting anything. If it could be invoked with a "Quote previous message" button on the bottom for only those who know how to use it, I suspect that would help those who want to quote previous while removing the temptation for those who really shouldn't.

I've added back the Show Message History button behavior, but renamed it to Insert Quoted Message.

Thanks, Mark


Duane
 

Thank you very much!

Duane