Topics

Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

• BUGFIX: We would not display messages correctly if they were plain text only and had a really long line.
  • CHANGE: Text changes to the Update File/Update Folder dialogs in the Files section.
  • NEW: Added advanced subscription option badges to the Delivery column in the Members page.
  • BUGFIX: Changed the included ICS attachment in event notification emails to work around a Gmail bug that would sometimes display one part of a repeating event with the wrong day.
  • BUGFIX: Made checkboxes for moderator/owner notifications screen reader accessible.
  • CHANGE: Because of a policy change at Gmail, we are now re-writing the From line for messages sent back to senders that have gmail.com email addresses.
  • CHANGE: Show your email address in the footers for digests and summary emails.
  • CHANGE: Tweaked the wording a bit on the Yahoo transfer page.
  • NEW: If there is an error adding an email alias, don't collapse the email alias display (which hides the error).
  • NEW: Use the group default time and date format settings when generating event notice/reminder emails.
  • INTERNAL: Unbounced Cox.net members who had been bounced over the past 30 days (because of Cox's email issues).
  • NEW: Now tracking bounce probe deliveries.
  • BUGFIX: In some instances we would send a daily summary to a pending subscriber.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 09:32 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Added advanced subscription option badges to the Delivery column in the Members page.
Could this also be added to one's own list of groups (just as the posting status badge appears there)?

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Mark,

On 11/30/2018 9:32 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Changes to the site this week:
There wasn't a changelog posted last week, presumably due to the holiday. If there were any changes the prior week does this one cover both weeks?

Shal

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 9:23 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 09:32 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Added advanced subscription option badges to the Delivery column in the Members page.
Could this also be added to one's own list of groups (just as the posting status badge appears there)?

Sure. Done!

Mark 

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
On 11/30/2018 9:32 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
 > Changes to the site this week:

There wasn't a changelog posted last week, presumably due to the
holiday. If there were any changes the prior week does this one cover
both weeks?

It does. Not much happened on Thanksgiving week. I think the only thing pushed to the site was the bounce probe tracking change.

Thanks,
Mark 

Chris Jones

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 08:21 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Sure. Done!
Um... Mark, could you possibly have a look at the result? The list of group names and the latest message times are now on opposite sides of the screen. IMHO this is less than optimal, as things like number of members and delivery seem to be "more important" than the time of the latest message. I know that there will be as many opinions as there are members of this group but I think my preferred sequence across the screen would be group name / actions needed / latest message / delivery / #members, putting the subjects in a more suitable order of importance.

Chris