From: Mark Fletcher [mailto:markf@corp.groups.io]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:26 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] Site #updates

- Can now edit archived messages. Edit and Delete buttons now appear in the Inbox view.

- In the pending message page, there's now an 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender' for messages from members who are set to moderated.

Mark

On 12 November 2014 02:40, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:
Hi Mark, the second item is two separate options, right?

​I hope not. On Yahoo Groups a new member whose initial posts are moderated needs

a) to have his message approved and
b) if he looks​ like a decent chap he has to be Unmoderated.

A single button to do both at once would be wonderful…

--

Judy F.

Ian, that is not the case on all groups.  Most sewing/embroidery type groups I belong to (moderate, own or just a member) all members, with a few exceptions of some, are moderated all the times.  This is what I’m keep saying, all groups do not work the same way.  Example:  on a buying and selling group that I moderate, members submit ads ALL of those need to be moderated no matter if it is the first or 15th.  No member, except owner/moderator, are unmoderated.  This goes for joining also,  they all have to be approved once they submit the requested information.

Thanks,

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Hi Mark, the second item is two separate options, right?

I hope not. On Yahoo Groups a new member whose initial posts are moderated needs

a) to have his message approved and
b) if he looks
like a decent chap he has to be Unmoderated.

A single button to do both at once would be wonderful…

--

Hi Judy,

When viewing a pending message, if the person who sent the message is set to moderated (regardless of what the group is set to), there are now two buttons, 'Approve' and 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'. 'Approve' does not change the posting status of the sender.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:

Hi Mark, the second item is two separate options, right?

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

- Can now edit archived messages. Edit and Delete buttons now appear in the Inbox view.

- In the pending message page, there's now an 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender' for messages from members who are set to moderated.

Mark

Linda

Hi Mark,
Wouldn't Approve and Switch to Default Group Settings be more useful?
Thanks,
Linda

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:40 PM

Hi Judy,

When viewing a pending message, if the person who sent the message is set to moderated (regardless of what the group is set to), there are now two buttons, 'Approve' and 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'. 'Approve' does not change the posting status of the sender.

That's exactly what it does.

Mark

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:40 PM

Hi Judy,

When viewing a pending message, if the person who sent the message is set to moderated (regardless of what the group is set to), there are now two buttons, 'Approve' and 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'. 'Approve' does not change the posting status of the sender.

Linda

That's good; wording is unclear though.

Linda

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:40 PM

Hi Judy,

When viewing a pending message, if the person who sent the message is set to moderated (regardless of what the group is set to), there are now two buttons, 'Approve' and 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'. 'Approve' does not change the posting status of the sender.

Agreed, but I'm not sure how to make it better without having the button be really long. :-/

Mark

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:40 PM

Hi Judy,

When viewing a pending message, if the person who sent the message is set to moderated (regardless of what the group is set to), there are now two buttons, 'Approve' and 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'. 'Approve' does not change the posting status of the sender.

Linda

'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'
'Approve & Use Group Default'

Linda

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:40 PM

Hi Judy,

When viewing a pending message, if the person who sent the message is set to moderated (regardless of what the group is set to), there are now two buttons, 'Approve' and 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'. 'Approve' does not change the posting status of the sender.

Judy F.

Great! Thanks so much, that’s what I was hoping you would say.

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

- Can now edit archived messages. Edit and Delete buttons now appear in the Inbox view.

- In the pending message page, there's now an 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender' for messages from members who are set to moderated.

Mark

Judy F.

Mark, this is where my terminology of things is lacking, but would it be possible to have a ? by the options and when you hover over it, it will explain what each one does?

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:40 PM

Hi Judy,

When viewing a pending message, if the person who sent the message is set to moderated (regardless of what the group is set to), there are now two buttons, 'Approve' and 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'. 'Approve' does not change the posting status of the sender.

That is a good idea and I'll add it to the todo list. In the mean time, please keep pointing out terms that aren't clear. I want to make sure the site is as easy to use as possible.

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:40 PM

Hi Judy,

When viewing a pending message, if the person who sent the message is set to moderated (regardless of what the group is set to), there are now two buttons, 'Approve' and 'Approve & Unmoderate Sender'. 'Approve' does not change the posting status of the sender.

Judy F.

Thanks Mark.  This is so refreshing to have someone that wants to make things easy and clear for the members.  Since a lot of these people are not computer literate or just enough to get themselves in trouble, every little bit helps.  Yahoo’s help is not helpful in some cases and in others, they have made changes and not updated the help.

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:40 PM