moderated (revised) file upload notification requires pending message approvel for uploaders on mod #bug

The activity log entry reads as follows:
Integration sent message "File Notifications #file-notice" requiring approval because it's a moderated integration message via email

I vaguely remembered an issue here with "moderated integration messages," did a search, and found this thread:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/75216705#25702

I did not see any conclusion there and I still would classify this behavior as a bug.

(This is a revision to a bug report I sent before but which has not come through yet.)

Group members on moderation who upload a file are able to do that without requiring approval, and that's fine. However, if they check the "notify members" box, the notification message itself goes into pending and requires approval. That seems wrong. The notification comes from the system and is not a message from the member that needs approval.