Remove invite.ics from cal-reminders #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

I just recently noticed that #cal-reminders contain an invite.ics file as an attachment. In fact, not just one, but two. I thought only #cal-invites were supposed to have these. Although they're small, they do add up over time and count against a group's quota.

This addition was mentioned in a changelog ( https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/29558 ). I'm curious as to why this was done and suggest that it be reconsidered.

Thanks much,
Bruce

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 8:09 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
I just recently noticed that #cal-reminders contain an invite.ics file as an attachment. In fact, not just one, but two. I thought only #cal-invites were supposed to have these. Although they're small, they do add up over time and count against a group's quota.

The ICS attachments should no longer appear in #cal-notice and #cal-reminder emails.