Topics

moderated Reason field for message deletion #suggestion

It could be helpful in some cases to allow an optional "reason" to be entered into the log for when someone (moderator or other) deletes a message.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

On the same idea it would be helpful if the "reason" for banning someone could be stated too......... Ilene 

Date: 11/17/2018 7:56:34 PM
Subject: [beta] Reason field for message deletion #suggestion

It could be helpful in some cases to allow an optional "reason" to be entered into the log for when someone (moderator or other) deletes a message.
--
J

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

I think giving a reason for banning (or removing, or changing the posting status of) a member could be more complicated, and there are notes and the member's history to refer to in any case. With removing a message, there's currently nothing to refer to. For example, I just removed a message not because there was anything wrong with the message, but because the person requested it, having accidentally sent it to the group instead of an individual. Having a place for a reason would be similar to a reason for rejecting a pending message.
--
J

Duane

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 08:30 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I think giving a reason for banning (or removing, or changing the posting status of) a member could be more complicated, and there are notes and the member's history to refer to in any case.
On a free group, there are no notes or history once a person is removed like there are on Premium groups.

Duane

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 06:49 PM, Duane wrote:
On a free group, there are no notes or history once a person is removed
Good point.

--
J

Where can you store notes on a member?

Date: 11/17/2018 8:30:15 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Reason field for message deletion #suggestion

I think giving a reason for banning (or removing, or changing the posting status of) a member could be more complicated, and there are notes and the member's history to refer to in any case. With removing a message, there's currently nothing to refer to. For example, I just removed a message not because there was anything wrong with the message, but because the person requested it, having accidentally sent it to the group instead of an individual. Having a place for a reason would be similar to a reason for rejecting a pending message.
--
J

Bruce Bowman

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 09:49 PM, Duane wrote:
On a free group, there are no notes or history once a person is removed like there are on Premium groups.
Banned members are still available via the members list...only "past" members are not. Somewhat ironically, if you subsequently unban them, they mysteriously disappear, and have to be reinvited.

Bruce

There is a place for notes when a member is banned.
I followed the directions Bruce had given me and I was able to write in why this member was banned. I have a FREE group.
Ilene 

Date: 11/17/2018 9:13:22 PM

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 06:49 PM, Duane wrote:
On a free group, there are no notes or history once a person is removed
Good point.

--
J

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 07:33 PM, magicalkingdomgroups@... wrote:
There is a place for notes when a member is banned...I was able to write in why this member was banned
 In that case, why did your request it ("it would be helpful if the "reason" for banning someone could be stated"), if you already have it? I think I am confused.
--
J

Because I didn't know there was a note feature. That was why I requested it.

It wasn't until Bruce answered my question and told me that I found the information out.

Date: 11/17/2018 9:44:44 PM

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 07:33 PM, magicalkingdomgroups@... wrote:
There is a place for notes when a member is banned...I was able to write in why this member was banned
 In that case, why did your request it ("it would be helpful if the "reason" for banning someone could be stated"), if you already have it? I think I am confused.
--
J