From: J_Catlady
Date: 11/17/2018 7:56:34 PM
Subject: [beta] Reason field for message deletion #suggestion

It could be helpful in some cases to allow an optional "reason" to be entered into the log for when someone (moderator or other) deletes a message.

I think giving a reason for banning (or removing, or changing the posting status of) a member could be more complicated, and there are notes and the member's history to refer to in any case. With removing a message, there's currently nothing to refer to. For example, I just removed a message not because there was anything wrong with the message, but because the person requested it, having accidentally sent it to the group instead of an individual. Having a place for a reason would be similar to a reason for rejecting a pending message.

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 08:30 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I think giving a reason for banning (or removing, or changing the posting status of) a member could be more complicated, and there are notes and the member's history to refer to in any case.
On a free group, there are no notes or history once a person is removed like there are on Premium groups.

Duane

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 06:49 PM, Duane wrote:
On a free group, there are no notes or history once a person is removed
Good point.

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

Where can you store notes on a member?

From: J_Catlady
Date: 11/17/2018 8:30:15 PM

I think giving a reason for banning (or removing, or changing the posting status of) a member could be more complicated, and there are notes and the member's history to refer to in any case. With removing a message, there's currently nothing to refer to. For example, I just removed a message not because there was anything wrong with the message, but because the person requested it, having accidentally sent it to the group instead of an individual. Having a place for a reason would be similar to a reason for rejecting a pending message.

Bruce Bowman

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 09:49 PM, Duane wrote:
On a free group, there are no notes or history once a person is removed like there are on Premium groups.
Banned members are still available via the members list...only "past" members are not. Somewhat ironically, if you subsequently unban them, they mysteriously disappear, and have to be reinvited.

Bruce

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

There is a place for notes when a member is banned.
I followed the directions Bruce had given me and I was able to write in why this member was banned. I have a FREE group.
Ilene

From: J_Catlady
Date: 11/17/2018 9:13:22 PM

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 06:49 PM, Duane wrote:
On a free group, there are no notes or history once a person is removed
Good point.

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 07:33 PM, magicalkingdomgroups@... wrote:
There is a place for notes when a member is banned...I was able to write in why this member was banned
 In that case, why did your request it ("it would be helpful if the "reason" for banning someone could be stated"), if you already have it? I think I am confused.

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

Because I didn't know there was a note feature. That was why I requested it.

It wasn't until Bruce answered my question and told me that I found the information out.

From: J_Catlady
Date: 11/17/2018 9:44:44 PM