Re the Reply button on Emails #suggestion

Margo Seegrist

A number of members in my group - and I used to be one of them - would read an email from the group and click on Reply.  The groups.io software puts the name in the To box as, for instance mine which is normally rli@... - it puts it as rli@....  Naturally they get the email back with a Mailer Daemon.  Is there any way to keep this from happening?  I know (now) to click on the Reply to Sender near the bottom of the email but it's habit to click on reply since that's how all the other emails work.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 8:39 AM Margo Seegrist via groups.io <rli=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
A number of members in my group - and I used to be one of them - would read an email from the group and click on Reply.  The groups.io software puts the name in the To box as, for instance mine which is normally rli@... - it puts it as rli=aol.com@groups.io.  Naturally they get the email back with a Mailer Daemon.  Is there any way to keep this from happening?  I know (now) to click on the Reply to Sender near the bottom of the email but it's habit to click on reply since that's how all the other emails work.
_._,_._,_
We set the Reply-To email header so that hitting the reply button in an email client should work correctly. I think this should only happen if someone hits Reply-All in their email client, which would include the group as well as the rli=aol.com@groups.io address (in your case). Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that.

Mark