Topics

locked question

Cherrill <cdjamieson@...>

Under Privacy on  our new group, we have a choice of Listed in Directory, publicly viewable archives or private archives.

Does publicly viewable archives mean that all the people on the group can view the archives or that every single person who has a group on groups.io can view the archives.

I would like the archives to be viewable only to our members; but it gives me a warning each time I click on that one that it is not reversible.

Secondly, we are having a bit of trouble with our cover photo.  We think we have it at 900 x 300 but its cutting off the hairdos of the ladies.  Can you offer some advise on how to get it the correct size??

thank you

Cherrill
"the most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in"

Linda

Hi Cherrill,
Publicly viewable Archives can be seen by the public-at-large.  If you want to confine viewing to the members of your group, you will have to show that you understand that the decision is irrevocable.
A cover photo at 900 x 300 will fit correctly IF you do not have your screen zoomed to make it easier to read.  In other words, the photo will not adjust to the adjustment you make for your individual viewing habits.  Try zooming out and you will not have the hairdos cut off.Hope that helps,
Linda

P.S.  Please use more specific words for you Subject.  "Question" doesn't help at all.  Thanks.

Cherrill <cdjamieson@...>

thank you for your reply.
I have changed the settings on the group to private archives.

I have 3 computers, the hairdos are cut off on all 3 including the Apple.  To my knowledge, my screens are not zoomed, however, hopefully anyone else looking at our home page will be able to see it all.

Cherrill