Topics

Problem with Messages view #bug #fixed

Bruce Bowman

I'm having problems with Messages view right now. Some of the messages display the wrong poster information, and the links look like https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/%7B%7BmsgView.Message.Num%20%%7D. Clicking on said link gives a 400 error.

I can overcome the problem by switching to Expanded view.

FYI,
Bruce

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 10:57 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
I'm having problems with Messages view right now. Some of the messages display the wrong poster information, and the links look like https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/%7B%7BmsgView.Message.Num%20%%7D. Clicking on said link gives a 400 error.

Thanks for the bug report. I am (slowly) redoing all the webpages using a different technology, cleaning up some technical debt, and I've started testing some of those changes on the live site (specifically on one of the 3 webservers in production). The bad links should be fixed now.

I don’t know whether or not this is related, but a group I’m a mod in (not the owner of) shows an entry “X changed Y’s email address from” . But (a) X is not a member of the group and (b) there’s no “changed it to” - just “from.” The same entry appears in Y’s member activity log. I’ve notified the group owner, who may be reporting it as a bug. But maybe something is awry this morning.

On May 22, 2020, at 10:57 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

I'm having problems with Messages view right now. Some of the messages display the wrong poster information, and the links look like https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/%7B%7BmsgView.Message.Num%20%%7D. Clicking on said link gives a 400 error.

I can overcome the problem by switching to Expanded view.

FYI,
Bruce

Sorry, am seeing Mark's message after posting mine because I was not yet following this topic. Maybe it's fixed now.

Mark,

My group is, right now, showing wrong display names below messages. So I'm not sure whether you meant that only the bad links had been fixed, and that you were still working on the rest of the bug, or that both had been fixed. I can tell you that the wrong-display-name bug has not yet been fixed.

I don't know whether the bug where activity log entries show someone not in the group acting as a moderator is related to this or not. The log entries are still there (I would not expect them to be wiped out even if the bug had been fixed) and this may be a separate bug.

Hi J,

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 1:19 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

My group is, right now, showing wrong display names below messages. So I'm not sure whether you meant that only the bad links had been fixed, and that you were still working on the rest of the bug, or that both had been fixed. I can tell you that the wrong-display-name bug has not yet been fixed.

That should now be fixed.

I don't know whether the bug where activity log entries show someone not in the group acting as a moderator is related to this or not. The log entries are still there (I would not expect them to be wiped out even if the bug had been fixed) and this may be a separate bug.

I haven't touched the activity log, so that's a separate issue. If you (or your friend) can send me the details off-list, I'll investigate.

In terms of pages I've re-written, I've only done the User Account, Message, Messages, Topic, Topics and Hashtags pages so far. In theory you should not see any differences, except where I've inadvertently introduced bugs. And also the Hashtags page has a new toggleable List view (it's viewable on production right now, but if I see any bugs, I'll take it down until next week. So if you don't see the new list view, that'd be why).