Topics

Prepay Premium Group #misc


Paul Ohio USA
 

Hi Mark,

I thought this had been discussed, yet can't find it. I've paid for my co-owned group since transferring from Yahoo. I'm about to undergo some serious surgery and would like to prepay for 5 years to assure the group will continue. Is this possible?
If you would like to continue this discussion Off List, that would be fine.
Thank you and take care,
Paul, Ohio, USA


Tracy
 

The other week I got the invoice and it got paid for next year for my group automatically.

They simply hit my credit card they had on file.  So next year is paid for.

So I wouldn't worry about the next 5 years.

I think the other side of the coin is if you ever cancel your credit card, they may send you a manual invoice or some warning it wasn't paid.

On 11/14/20 7:19 AM, Paul Ohio USA via groups.io wrote:
Hi Mark,

I thought this had been discussed, yet can't find it. I've paid for my co-owned group since transferring from Yahoo. I'm about to undergo some serious surgery and would like to prepay for 5 years to assure the group will continue. Is this possible?
If you would like to continue this discussion Off List, that would be fine.
Thank you and take care,
Paul, Ohio, USA
-- 
Tracy Johnson
BT







NNNN


 

I hope your surgery goes well.


On Nov 14, 2020, at 6:34 AM, Paul Ohio USA via groups.io <pwberndt@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,

I thought this had been discussed, yet can't find it. I've paid for my co-owned group since transferring from Yahoo. I'm about to undergo some serious surgery and would like to prepay for 5 years to assure the group will continue. Is this possible?
If you would like to continue this discussion Off List, that would be fine.
Thank you and take care,
Paul, Ohio, USA

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


Paul Ohio USA
 

Hi Tracy,
If the surgery doesn't go well, there will be no credit card or way for me to pay.
Thank you for the suggestion,
Paul, Ohio, USA


Paul Ohio USA
 

J, Thanks for the thought.
Paul, Ohio, USA


 

Paul,

I'm about to undergo some serious surgery and would like to prepay for
5 years to assure the group will continue.
I support this suggestion, as several people have asked about it for various reasons.

That said, since you're a GMF member I'm sure you know that the best way to ensure the continuation of the group is to promote someone else to the Owner role. Then if the worst happens the other owner can make the next year's payment.

The other option is to give a moderator the "Billing" permission, but in the long run that's not as helpful to the group as having one or more active owners. But if you want to discuss such options, probably better to do so in GMF than here.

Shal
Best of luck and prayers for your surgery.


M K Ramadoss
 

Since the surgery seems to be serious, does your group have additional owners?
If not I would make one or more members as owners.
Also if you want to make sure the group subscription is funded for five years, you can add an addendum to you will setting aside a sum of money.

MKRamadoss


On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 8:34 AM Paul Ohio USA via groups.io <pwberndt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Mark,

I thought this had been discussed, yet can't find it. I've paid for my co-owned group since transferring from Yahoo. I'm about to undergo some serious surgery and would like to prepay for 5 years to assure the group will continue. Is this possible?
If you would like to continue this discussion Off List, that would be fine.
Thank you and take care,
Paul, Ohio, USA


Tracy
 

I did this with a certain group owner.

Only after I had pleaded with him to do so and only when he got wind his heart was giving out and he was dying.  After he was gone, I set up a 3 person ownership, with owners 500 miles apart, just in case there were any coincidences.  (This was back in the days of yahoo about 2 years ago.)

BTW, after someone is gone, how do you convince the system admins the only owner is dead?  The group may disappear after the bill isn't paid, but the free groups will go on forever (perhaps with no new members being added, those with a moderator to add new members would last longer).

On the other side of the coin, linkedin "suggests" periodically to me to connect with those I've know been dead for years. Apparently their accounts never die.

On 11/14/20 9:17 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
Paul,

I'm about to undergo some serious surgery and would like to prepay for
5 years to assure the group will continue.
I support this suggestion, as several people have asked about it for various reasons.

That said, since you're a GMF member I'm sure you know that the best way to ensure the continuation of the group is to promote someone else to the Owner role. Then if the worst happens the other owner can make the next year's payment.

The other option is to give a moderator the "Billing" permission, but in the long run that's not as helpful to the group as having one or more active owners. But if you want to discuss such options, probably better to do so in GMF than here.

Shal
Best of luck and prayers for your surgery.



--
Tracy Johnson
BT







NNNN


 

This brings up the whole issue of an e-will. What do you do with all your online accounts, where to store the passwords, etc? I got so far as setting up a will and trust for my cats, but the "how to do your e-will" page is still sitting around in a box. I know I need to do it. 


On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 5:56 AM Tracy <tracy@...> wrote:
I did this with a certain group owner.

Only after I had pleaded with him to do so and only when he got wind his
heart was giving out and he was dying.  After he was gone, I set up a 3
person ownership, with owners 500 miles apart, just in case there were
any coincidences.  (This was back in the days of yahoo about 2 years ago.)

BTW, after someone is gone, how do you convince the system admins the
only owner is dead?  The group may disappear after the bill isn't paid,
but the free groups will go on forever (perhaps with no new members
being added, those with a moderator to add new members would last longer).

On the other side of the coin, linkedin "suggests" periodically to me to
connect with those I've know been dead for years. Apparently their
accounts never die.

On 11/14/20 9:17 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
> Paul,
>
> > I'm about to undergo some serious surgery and would like to prepay for
> > 5 years to assure the group will continue.
>
> I support this suggestion, as several people have asked about it for
> various reasons.
>
> That said, since you're a GMF member I'm sure you know that the best
> way to ensure the continuation of the group is to promote someone else
> to the Owner role. Then if the worst happens the other owner can make
> the next year's payment.
>
> The other option is to give a moderator the "Billing" permission, but
> in the long run that's not as helpful to the group as having one or
> more active owners. But if you want to discuss such options, probably
> better to do so in GMF than here.
>
> Shal
> Best of luck and prayers for your surgery.
>
>
>
>
>
--
Tracy Johnson
BT







NNNN








--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


Paul Ohio USA
 

Shal & MKRamadoss,
Thanks for your replies. This particular group has multiple owners, I learned long ago from being in GMF Yahoo that you never have only one owner.

My concern is to Prepay the charge so that it doesn't get overlooked or become a burden. We don't use that much storage yet the ability to add people who make mistakes or some of the other benefits have been very helpful to me.

I was hoping to get Mark to respond and let us know if this is possible. If not, I'll pursue other remedies.

Take care,
Paul, Ohio, USA