Premium #suggestion


John Wood
 

I am the owner of several small community focussed (not commercial) groups.  At the moment they are all free.

One of these groups has 50 members and would really benefit from access to the calendar and the increased attachment storage, but $220 / year  would be more than this group can afford: it's a big jump from free to premium and we don't need most of the paid features.  Is there any way to introduce a 'basic plus' subscription level at a price we could afford?   We'd be happy to pay a small fee to add Calendar, Photos, Files, but we don't need the Polls, Chat, Member Directory, Integrations, Database, Wiki.  The group is also very unlikely ever to grow to anywhere near the 500 member line.


 

John,

>>> it's a big jump from free to premium

I (and others) also agree and there have been several times in the past when this was discussed, here and on GMF.


>>> We'd be happy to pay a small fee to add Calendar, Photos, Files, but we don't need the Polls, Chat, Member Directory, Integrations, Database, Wiki. 


What do you consider to be a small fee for what you're asking for?

Cheers,
Christos


John Wood
 

Well I’m not sure about that, maybe it would need to be a pretty low entry price, based on the number of features to be included.   None of the group members have much money, but it would mean groups like this could start paying you something.   

Free data storage and calendars are of course available online, but keeping everything together with the emails is really what interests us.  

I think the ability to set up subgroups would also be useful, but as I said, for this type of group, at this membership level,  I don’t think we’d need most of the other features.  

I can upgrade my free iCloud storage from 5GB to 50GB for about a dollar a month.  

I really need to put this to the group to see what they think.

John Wood






The calendar - .  

On 16 Nov 2021, at 22:32, Christos Psarras <christos@...> wrote:

John,

>>> it's a big jump from free to premium

I (and others) also agree and there have been several times in the past when this was discussed, here and on GMF.


>>> We'd be happy to pay a small fee to add Calendar, Photos, Files, but we don't need the Polls, Chat, Member Directory, Integrations, Database, Wiki. 


What do you consider to be a small fee for what you're asking for?

Cheers,
Christos


 

Hi All,

I appreciate the discussion about pricing, but I don't currently plan on changing it. You might look at using the group sponsorship feature; for a group of 50 people, that'd amount to $4.40/year per person if everyone contributed. Less than the cost of a cup of Starbucks.

Thanks,
Mark


Duane
 

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 06:00 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
that'd amount to $4.40/year per person if everyone contributed
Except that the minimum per sponsorship is $5 ;>)

I've noticed that since having the sponsorship available on my groups, quite a few people toss in $5-25 on a semi-regular basis, some even more.  It sure does relieve the headaches of trying to collect money and keeping the books for group operation.

Duane


 

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 04:00 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Less than the cost of a cup of Starbucks
Or Peets
 
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


John Wood
 

Thanks Mark for your input.

Obviously, your call.

But at the present stage the group is at, I have to be realistic about what if any contribution I could expect from others, and at least to start with I have to assume I would be the main or even the only one paying.

As I said we can’t afford $20 a month just now.  And I never buy coffee in Starbucks... 

So we’ll just stay with the free version for now

John Wood

On 17 Nov 2021, at 00:00, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I appreciate the discussion about pricing, but I don't currently plan on changing it. You might look at using the group sponsorship feature; for a group of 50 people, that'd amount to $4.40/year per person if everyone contributed. Less than the cost of a cup of Starbucks.

Thanks,
Mark