Topics

locked Posting bug?

Just a note on my previous message #766. The two lines with '>' at the front had hard returns after them. I'm seeing that all the hard returns in the message were deleted. I'm assuming this is a bug, but did I perhaps do something wrong instead. I'd like to be able to reply to any message in plain text, but I'm not sure if this is plain text or RTF.

I'm one of those people who think that if you can't say something and get your point across in plain text, no amount of typography is going to make it any better. Thankfully we can set our groups to plain text, because we have some guys who would make their posts unreadable, either with outrageous formatting or text that was set so big it would all run off the page.

Dano

Dano,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 6:57 AM, D R Stinson <dano@...> wrote:
Just a note on my previous message #766. The two lines with '>' at the front had hard returns after them. I'm seeing that all the hard returns in the message were deleted. I'm assuming this is a bug, but did I perhaps do something wrong instead. I'd like to be able to reply to any message in plain text, but I'm not sure if this is plain text or RTF.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I just added a drop down when posting and replying on the site, letting you select plain text if you'd like.

Thanks,
Mark