Topics

moderated Phishing warnings

Sarah k Alawami

Hello. getting "infection detected" with groups.io, my mac and google chrome. I don't have a virus scanner on this thing so dunno what's going on. It also happened with safari on my mac as well. Take care all.

Take care all.

On Feb 23, 2018, at 3:23 PM, Carol Good <carol@...> wrote:

And yet bizarrely, I'm using Norton on 2 different computers - one with Chrome and the other IE11 - and neither is giving me any warnings or blocking me at all. Granted, I do have some of the more irritating of Norton's 'features' turned off, but even going directly to the message which is apparently causing the problem, I'm still not getting any warning.

Carol

Sue

I'm also having no problems. I'm using Kaspersky and have tested my own site and here with IE11 and Firefox.

Sue

Glenn Rawsky & Rebecca Smith

my Norton Suite is also generating the exact same warning pages and blocks as shown below...

-Glenn

On 2/23/2018 4:37 PM, LeeAnne Bloye wrote:
My groups.io stuff is still working - was on it all day and never closed it.
Mods and members can't get on the site.
From one mod:
My Norton

From another:
I can’t access the group at all right now as my security software has suddenly blocked Groups i.o. as a known malicious site.

Also the member who can't access says all links to groups.io bring up warnings from Outlook about maleware (even the old digests)

--
-LeeAnne

ECIR Archivist

LeeAnne

one member who was blocked yesterday just got in!
--
-LeeAnne

ECIR Archivist

Marina

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 01:57 pm, D R Stinson wrote:

Mark -
When I log in with Firefox, I get pretty much what Shal describes. AVG gives
me this warning:

We've safely aborted connection on www.groups.io because it was infected with
I use Firefox on Windows10 and AVG.
Never received any warning. Apart from yesterday's blackout, everything seems OK.

Marina

Sarah k Alawami

Well, I didn't look at the site updates status on the beta groupas of yet, , however now it is in this maintenance mode. It should be back by I think 1 something. Here is a screen cap

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4eulk6in6td8dd9/Screenshot%202018-02-24%2010.01.39.png?dl=1

Hope what ever happened can be fixed. Thank goodness my list is a quiet one.

Take care all.

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:03 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
Well, I didn't look at the site updates status on the beta groupas of yet, , however now it is in this maintenance mode. It  should be back by I think 1 something. Here is a screen cap

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4eulk6in6td8dd9/Screenshot%202018-02-24%2010.01.39.png?dl=1

Sarah, please hold down the shift key while clicking the browser reload button. You're viewing a cached version of the site.

I just changed the maintenance page so that hopefully it won't be cached in the future.

Not that I object to seeing cat pics, but this will be very helpful! :-)

David Grimm

I'm stll getting the anti-phishing warning/block from Norton. But only on my Windows 10 machine. On Android and Windows Vista machines, no problem. I've white-listed groups.io in my Norton application, cleared the cache (twice), and still no go. Any other recommendations? Or just wait until Norton straightens out their information? Or is this belong in the GroupManagersForum?

Dave

Sarah k Alawami

Yep Now ti works. I just hit reload but will clearn the cache from my chrome anyway at some point probably when I run my clean up program as it does all of that for me.

Cool cool and blessings.L

On Feb 24, 2018, at 10:06 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:03 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
Well, I didn't look at the site updates status on the beta groupas of yet, , however now it is in this maintenance mode. It  should be back by I think 1 something. Here is a screen cap

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4eulk6in6td8dd9/Screenshot%202018-02-24%2010.01.39.png?dl=1

Sarah, please hold down the shift key while clicking the browser reload button. You're viewing a cached version of the site.

I just changed the maintenance page so that hopefully it won't be cached in the future.

Mark Irving

Norton and Sucuri now find no problems with Groups.io.