moderated Per-member pricing is live #update

Hi All,

The new per-member pricing is now live for newly created/upgraded groups, as discussed here. There is one change to note: premium groups under the per-member pricing can have up to 500 members for $20/month (instead of 400), and additional members above that are $0.04/month.

All premium groups now have 30GB storage.

Also, a related change is that the member count on group home pages now does not include non-confirmed members.

At this time, I have not implemented a free/paid user scheme, as first proposed by Samuel. I still think it may be a good idea, but as discussed, I think it was too complex. I may revisit it at some point.

Finally, I appreciate all the discussion over these changes.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 11:14 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
premium groups under the per-member pricing can have up to 500 members for $20/month (instead of 400), and additional members above that are $0.04/month.
Will the annual also change?  $0.44/yr?

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:29 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 11:14 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
premium groups under the per-member pricing can have up to 500 members for $20/month (instead of 400), and additional members above that are $0.04/month.
Will the annual also change?  $0.44/yr?

Yes, that's correct.

Chris Jones

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 05:14 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Also, a related change is that the member count on group home pages now does not include non-confirmed members.
And also does not include "Bouncers", both blue and red. Was that intentional?

Chris

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 1:49 PM Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 05:14 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Also, a related change is that the member count on group home pages now does not include non-confirmed members.
And also does not include "Bouncers", both blue and red. Was that intentional?

Yes, those are also no longer counted.