Topics

moderated Pending message stuck after email address change #bug

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

one of our members sent a message to our moderated group. My co-owner claimed it and was checking it before approval. In the mean-time, the member changed his email address and we now have a message that we cannot approve (we have not tried deleting it yet so you have evidence of the issue).  It may be that the message was claimed part way through the email address change process when the new address/account was in NC status - I am not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Would it make sense to restrict email address changes if a member has messages pending approval?

We have asked our member to re-send his message which we will approve when it arrives.

Regards
Andy

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 6:32 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

one of our members sent a message to our moderated group. My co-owner claimed it and was checking it before approval. In the mean-time, the member changed his email address and we now have a message that we cannot approve (we have not tried deleting it yet so you have evidence of the issue).  It may be that the message was claimed part way through the email address change process when the new address/account was in NC status - I am not sure if that would make a difference or not.

It handles all that fine, so I was confused as to what happened. Looking at the logs, when the pending message was approved, the member was not confirmed, which caused an error (which was not shown on the website, which isn't great). Approving the message now, because he is currently confirmed, would work.

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:08 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Approving the message now, because he is currently confirmed, would work.
Thanks. I won't approve this particular message now as our member has already reposted it but I'll take you on your word that it would work.

Andy

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 08:22 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:08 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Approving the message now, because he is currently confirmed, would work.
Thanks. I won't approve this particular message now as our member has already reposted it but I'll take you on your word that it would work.
Hmm. There is a further problem now in that trying to delete the message doesn't work.

Andy

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 12:26 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

Hmm. There is a further problem now in that trying to delete the message doesn't work.

I'm not sure what the problem was. I was able to delete the message without error. Please let me know if you see this again.