Topics

moderated "Pending Message" notification that could be clicked on to delete it. #suggestion

JohnF wrote:

How about a way to attach a note to the moderator for a message
that's pending approval?
I supported that idea and J wrote:

How is that possible if the member has posted via the web, since the
sender can't see the pending message and has no access to it
whatsoever?
I also agree with the notion of having a "sent" or "pending" folder on site where a member can access their own messages posted (via web or email) while still pending. I skimmed back through this topic because I thought someone had already suggested it, but if so I missed it - my apologies.

I'm leaning a bit more to the general case of "sent" as an on site way to provide the equivalent function of an email "sent" folder. But that's a rich enough suggestion in itself that it probably deserves its own #suggestion topic (and there may be that suggestion in beta's history already, I didn't search that out but it sounds familiar).

Shal

J,

All depends what you mean by “nearly instantaneous.”
I explained exactly what I meant, in some detail.

And yes, in my case and in my group, and no doubt in others, there are
times when it is in no way instantaneous.
Would this work for you? In those cases where, upon reading the "Message Approval Needed" notice, you begin a non-instantaneous process (that is, you do something other than immediately accept or reject) you could step through to the Pending list on site and claim that message.

Or, maybe part of this suggestion (or a separate #suggestion) should be to add a "Claim this message" link to the Message Approval Needed notice, akin to the existing Reject and Delete links. That would cover the case of moderators who can't or don't want to go on site.

Now your process can proceed in a protected fashion. Which, I think, is what you have asked for - a means to avoid investing time in a response only to have the message disappear (be accepted/rejected by someone else) in the meantime.

You can’t wish the problem away.
No, but I can suggest means to minimize the problem (other than by investing the site with the clairvoyance to know that you're considering a message off line).

Shal

Shal,
You can design this to your heart's content. I'm fine with whatever is decided and am done with it.

Shal, I don't mean anything negative by this. I am just done with it, is all. I simply wanted to point out that it is not a simple thing. I am not interested in designing the fix.