Topics

locked Owner messages in Archives

Mark - I've noticed that messages posted from the owner addresses post to email as coming from the owner, but messages in the archives show as just coming from me. I think it might be more useful to show those messages in the Archives as coming from the owner for sorting purposes and to be consistent. -- Dano

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 7:30 AM, D R Stinson <dano@...> wrote:
Mark - I've noticed that messages posted from the owner addresses post to email as coming from the owner, but messages in the archives show as just coming from me. I think it might be more useful to show those messages in the Archives as coming from the owner for sorting purposes and to be consistent.  --  Dano

Good idea. I've added it to the list.

Most of the time I'd rather have my group posts shown as from me. Only in rare instances would I want to reinforce the fact that I'm the group owner/moderator. I believe that on Yahoo Classic, one of the posting options was to select whether it was from me or groupowner. Default was me, but I could select groupowner when needed.

Duane

On 1/27/2015 7:54 AM, Duane wrote:
Default was me, but I could select groupowner when needed.
My group owner solved the problem by creating an
email that was the name of the group owner, no name
attached.

Even Classic didn't have that option at first!

dg

Duane,
Exactly the same here. There are occasions when I have to post in an official capacity, but prefer to contribute as just another member most of the time.

Regards,
Robert.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the O2 network.