moderated Notify all Owners (and Moderators with the Billing privilege) when Billing Cycle Up #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- Please check my understanding on the following topic that recently came up in GMF:

-- A group can have only one Payor
-- That Payor (and he alone) is notified when a group's billing cycle is up.
-- The group's co-Owners are notified only if the Payor's account has been deleted. (The key point here).
-- A Moderator with the Billing privilege is never notified at all, unless he happens to be the current Payor.

Ref: https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/about-groups-io-billing

What if a Payor has died? Will his heirs know to log in and delete his account? No...his account remains active; so all notifications and warnings continue to be sent there. Ultimately, the group gets silently downgraded.

Unless there's a fine point that I'm missing (or hasn't been adequately documented), it seems appropriate to send the warning messages to more people than just the current Payor when a billing cycle runs into a glitch.

Thanks for your consideration,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 8:21 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Mark -- Please check my understanding on the following topic that recently came up in GMF:

-- A group can have only one Payor
-- That Payor (and he alone) is notified when a group's billing cycle is up.
-- The group's co-Owners are notified only if the Payor's account has been deleted. (The key point here).
-- A Moderator with the Billing privilege is never notified at all, unless he happens to be the current Payor.

That is correct.

Unless there's a fine point that I'm missing (or hasn't been adequately documented), it seems appropriate to send the warning messages to more people than just the current Payor when a billing cycle runs into a glitch.

You've brought up a good point. I've changed it so that the one week past due warning gets sent to all moderators as well as the two week past due downgrade notice.

Joseph Hudson

Hello Mark, quite a few years ago, I was alerted of a co-owners payment method no longer being valid wouldn't that be the same as unable to make a payment as we are discussing below seems like to me it would be. Seems how I received the same message that he did.

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 9:13 PM Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:
Hello Mark, quite a few years ago, I was alerted of a co-owners payment method no longer being valid wouldn't that be the same as unable to make a payment as we are discussing below seems like to me it would be. Seems how I received the same message that he did.

Are you referring to a credit card being expired? We no longer send those messages out; people would get confused and/or angry about them.

Mark

Joseph Hudson

Oh OK, yeah that would be it. I know I didn't get angry about having that notification. I just reached out to the owner himself and asked him about the credit card. That's all I did but that's good.

On Oct 18, 2021, at 4:12 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 9:13 PM Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@twc.com> wrote:
Hello Mark, quite a few years ago, I was alerted of a co-owners payment method no longer being valid wouldn't that be the same as unable to make a payment as we are discussing below seems like to me it would be. Seems how I received the same message that he did.

Are you referring to a credit card being expired? We no longer send those messages out; people would get confused and/or angry about them.

Mark

Michael Pavan

On Oct 14, 2021, at 10:57 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@tds.net> wrote:
What if a Payor has died? Will his heirs know to log in and delete his account? No...his account remains active; so all notifications and warnings continue to be sent there. Ultimately, the group gets silently downgraded.

Unless there's a fine point that I'm missing (or hasn't been adequately documented), it seems appropriate to send the warning messages to more people than just the current Payor when a billing cycle runs into a glitch.
This is another ramification of there being no Owner Succession feature.