Topics

locked Notice of Pricing Change

deborah75001

ha ha right now I checked the pricing: free is only up to 500 members.

As I and many others just only started the steps towards transfering, I had just created the new groups and thinking about what to do next,
the fees jump 200% and number of members is limited.

I feel we are being highjacked in the middle of the turmoil and right then incredible charges occur that were never mentioned before.

I will look for another solution. Sorry but that is not acceptable to me, changing conditions OVERNIGHT and doubling prices is NOT ACCEPTABLE
whatever "good reasons" may be claimed.

We blame yahoo for giving a 7 weeks notice. what about the OVERNIGHT NOTICE and profit making ???

Deborah

If you’re not happy with groups.io, then by all means, leave. No need to stay here and keep trashing it to the rest of us.

On Oct 22, 2019, at 9:29 AM, deborah75001 via Groups.Io <deborah75001@...> wrote:

ha ha right now I checked the pricing: free is only up to 500 members.

As I and many others just only started the steps towards transfering, I had just created the new groups and thinking about what to do next,
the fees jump 200% and number of members is limited.

I feel we are being highjacked in the middle of the turmoil and right then incredible charges occur that were never mentioned before.

I will look for another solution. Sorry but that is not acceptable to me, changing conditions OVERNIGHT and doubling prices is NOT ACCEPTABLE
whatever "good reasons" may be claimed.

We blame yahoo for giving a 7 weeks notice. what about the OVERNIGHT NOTICE and profit making ???

Deborah

Chris Jones

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:29 PM, deborah75001 wrote:
and profit making
That is a large assumption. Better than operating at a significant loss and having the business fail.

Chris

I agree with Chris as to what’s happening here. Mark is not out to rip anybody off. But I have to say: is there some law against his making a profit, whether big or small? He’s working his butt off and providing an invaluable service. I don’t have anything against the word “profit.”

On Oct 22, 2019, at 9:43 AM, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:29 PM, deborah75001 wrote:
and profit making
That is a large assumption. Better than operating at a significant loss and having the business fail.

Chris

Sarah k Alawami

I don't either. My small business is operating at a los and has since I started it in 2010. It sucks, but it is the way it is when you are at least in my case in a small Mitch market. And by the way I bet he did not want to raise the prices. I hate doing the same to but even a dollar profit for me goes a long way.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 22 Oct 2019, at 10:26, J_Catlady wrote:

I agree with Chris as to what’s happening here. Mark is not out to rip anybody off. But I have to say: is there some law against his making a profit, whether big or small? He’s working his butt off and providing an invaluable service. I don’t have anything against the word “profit.”

On Oct 22, 2019, at 9:43 AM, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:29 PM, deborah75001 wrote:
and profit making
That is a large assumption. Better than operating at a significant loss and having the business fail.

Chris

M K Ramadoss

Everyone should make a living. If you don't like how Mark operates, then you can always find alternatives and be happy.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019, 12:26 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I agree with Chris as to what’s happening here. Mark is not out to rip anybody off. But I have to say: is there some law against his making a profit, whether big or small? He’s working his butt off and providing an invaluable service. I don’t have anything against the word “profit.”

On Oct 22, 2019, at 9:43 AM, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:29 PM, deborah75001 wrote:
and profit making
That is a large assumption. Better than operating at a significant loss and having the business fail.

Chris

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM, Harm Selling wrote:
So I'd like to get the confirmation  if this appointment keeps still in effect.... now and In the future.
You won't need to pay any more for the upgrade you did.  Next year is still undecided.

Duane

Sarah k Alawami

Actually you do pay next year, so I really don't see the issue. It's 110 dollars or how much it is now every year. If you don't like the change then there's the door, but I personally again don't see an issue.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 22 Oct 2019, at 11:03, Harm Selling wrote:

But next year it would be free, according to the information on the website, not undecided…. that's the point.

You cannot change the rules after an agreement.

---

Harm Selling

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM, Harm Selling wrote:

So I'd like to get the confirmation  if this appointment keeps still in effect.... now and In the future.

You won't need to pay any more for the upgrade you did.  Next year is still undecided.

Duane

Sarah k Alawami

I understand it clearly, I still don't see your issue. The contract looks valid from here. Again if you don't like the change you can leave after your year is up if you canceled.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 22 Oct 2019, at 11:10, Harm Selling wrote:

How difficult is it to understand the last part of the text:

"For the transfer, we ask that you sign up for the Premium Yearly plan (you can downgrade to free after a year if you wish)".

????

---

Harm Selling

Date: 10/22/2019 1:35:33 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Notice of Pricing Change

I don't *think* it's price gouging.... it *is* price gouging. Jacking up the price of the fee based on a high influx of demand for profit.... just like the places in Florida that charge $5 for a bottle of water during/after a hurricane.

One day is a very crappy notice.....   Considering two days ago when I started my transfer process, it was $110. There should have been a warning on that page "Hey, prices are going up on xx date!"   Doing this on a one day notice just *screams* of gouging.

So now I have to put it up to my membership to continue with the move to Groups.io, or look elsewhere.

Kevin Bess KK4BFN - SM NFL

I was waiting for the transfer approval to go through before having to subscribe... now its double to do so.... no bueno

73,

Kevin

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S on the Sprint Network because it's hard to carry an HF radio in your pocket!

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019, 4:05 PM Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:
[...]

rich hurd

Kevin,

"Transfer approval?"  The instructions clearly stated that Step 1 was to upgrade to the Premium service and pay a year in advance before you started anything else.

I'm an amateur myself - WC3T - so I come from a bunch of cheapos.   :)   I saw an amazing thing recently, though.  If you go to the Elecraft-KX3 group, however, you'll see a ton of folks who are committing to "passing the hat" and helping defray the cost of the GIO service.

I prefer to think that people will offer to help out to keep a good thing going.   I did the same thing with my group.   Don't try and do it alone but I sure wouldn't give up on this service yet.

--

We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” ― John F Kennedy