Topics

locked Not getting copies of messages I sent to my group

No desire to use a client. If Mark says he's got a workaround planned, I'll just wait and see if that fixes it for me.

I have another way to do a workaround, but that won't solve the issue for my non-techie members so I'm hoping Mark's idea will work.

Trish

On 1/27/2015 11:14 AM, pnrfan@... wrote:
I read my emails in the Chrome browser.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM, CatWoman <diana@...> wrote:

logging in to your google/gmail account on the web,
so you are reading from the gmail web page.

A mail client would be something like Thunderbird,
Eudora, or even Outlook.

dg

On 1/27/2015 11:49 AM, @trishm wrote:
No desire to use a client. If Mark says he's got a workaround planned,
I'll just wait and see if that fixes it for me.
No - wasn't suggesting using one - just explaining why you may not
be seeing your own messages. It was one of the things that got me
to ship my gmail to my mail client was that it didn't have a separate
"sent" box, so I couldn't tell that I had sent a message to a list.

Fortunately, the Android GMail app is more like a normal email client,
so I can read my gmail on my phone or tablet without the web "thread"
annoyance (which may be gone by now - but I haven't gone back to it
since a few days after signing up for the gmail address).

dg

Trish,

If Mark says he's got a workaround planned,
I'll just wait and see if that fixes it for me.
The work-around probably replaces the Message-ID inserted by Gmail with one generated by Groups.io. If that's the case it will undoubtedly work for you and everyone - Gmail would no longer think that it is the same message coming back.

-- Shal

Sounds like a sweet deal to me! Looking forward to it.

Trish

Trish,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Shal Farley shal@... wrote:

The work-around probably replaces the Message-ID inserted by Gmail with one generated by Groups.io. If that's the case it will undoubtedly work for you and everyone - Gmail would no longer think that it is the same message coming back.

That is basically correct. I do that when we send out an edited message, to make sure that everyone sees it. I append '.Groupsio.NUM' to the existing Message-ID (where NUM is the revision number). Then, whenever I see a Message-ID that has that suffix, I strip it out internally.

Mark

David P. Dillard

I have actually seen this work with some of my posts that are on lists that are moderated and the owner/moderator forwards the message to the list members. I do receive such messages in my email even though I sent the message.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@...

..

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Shal Farley wrote:

Trish,

If Mark says he's got a workaround planned,
I'll just wait and see if that fixes it for me.
The work-around probably replaces the Message-ID inserted by Gmail with one generated by Groups.io. If that's the case it will undoubtedly work for you and everyone - Gmail would no longer think that it is the same message coming back.

-- Shal

David P. Dillard

Mr Google and Mr Gmail will be most upset by this development. <g>

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584