Topics

moderated no zip file email received after exporting Photos #bug #fixed

paul fox

I've now twice requested a Photos export for my group, and received no
notification or link to the file. Last time was this morning sometime.
If you're checking logs, the group is Wheeler_and_Wilson-Sewing-Machines .

Possibly/probably irrelevant: this is the first zip file I've
requested since you made the change described below.

Thanks,
paul

mark wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 07:44 AM, paul fox wrote:
>

> > Is there a reason that the json files that accompany the exported
> > image folders in the exported zip file don't include the Owner name
> > that was associated with the folder on the site, along with the Title,
> > Description, and creation date?
> >

> I've added more information to both the album and photo json exports.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

=----------------------
paul fox, pgf@... (arlington, ma, where it's 82.4 degrees)

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 2:37 PM paul fox <pgf@...> wrote:
I've now twice requested a Photos export for my group, and received no
notification or link to the file.  Last time was this morning sometime.
If you're checking logs, the group is Wheeler_and_Wilson-Sewing-Machines .

This should be fixed now.

paul fox

mark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 2:37 PM paul fox <pgf@...> wrote:
>
> > I've now twice requested a Photos export for my group, and received no
> > notification or link to the file. Last time was this morning sometime.
> > If you're checking logs, the group is Wheeler_and_Wilson-Sewing-Machines .
> >
> > This should be fixed now.

Thanks. Indeed it is.

paul
=----------------------
paul fox, pgf@... (arlington, ma, where it's 80.2 degrees)

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 11:29 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 2:37 PM paul fox <pgf@...> wrote:
I've now twice requested a Photos export for my group, and received no
notification or link to the file.  Last time was this morning sometime.
If you're checking logs, the group is Wheeler_and_Wilson-Sewing-Machines .

This should be fixed now.

Hi Mark,

I exported the photos from my group and while it gave me those in an album I had created, it did not export the emailed photos album. Is this intentional?

Regards,
Andy

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 07:03 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I exported the photos from my group and while it gave me those in an album I had created, it did not export the emailed photos album. Is this intentional?
Andy -- It's my understanding that all attachments are base64 encoded and embedded in each message in your messages.mbox file as a separate MIME part. Thus, Emailed Photos (and attachments of any other kind) are not readily retrieved from the group export.

You should be able to import the mbox file into a compatible mail client (Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc) and extract the original binaries that way, but I haven't actually tried it.

Hope this helps,
Bruce

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 04:57 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
Andy -- It's my understanding that all attachments are base64 encoded and embedded in each message in your messages.mbox file as a separate MIME part. Thus, Emailed Photos (and attachments of any other kind) are not readily retrieved from the group export.
Hi Bruce,

I wondered if emailed photos would be separate in some way. As they are viewable under the Photos section, if they're deliberately not included in an export, it would be helpful if this was mentioned in the owner's manual.

Regards
Andy

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 04:32 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
As they are viewable under the Photos section, if they're deliberately not included in an export, it would be helpful if this was mentioned in the owner's manual.
To be clear:  Emailed Photos ARE included in the export -- along with all the other attachments -- as part of the messages.mbox file.

As for clarifying this in the owner's manual, you will have to take that up in the docs subgroup.

Regards,
Bruce

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 11:01 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
To be clear:  Emailed Photos ARE included in the export -- along with all the other attachments -- as part of the messages.mbox file.
To be clear(er) - yes I know emailed photos are included in messages when they're exported - it was the fact that they are not if you just export photos that I was querying
As for clarifying this in the owner's manual, you will have to take that up in the docs subgroup.
My message in the docs subgroup was already drafted

Cheers
Andy