Topics

locked New Subscription Options

Mark,

So, if in Message Selection, I have All Messages checked, you think
that I should also be able to check Auto Follow Replies. The reasons
being: if I've muted a hashtag, I'll still want to see any threads
with that hashtag that I've replied in. Also, it's a way to quickly
see on the web which threads I've participated in, by just looking at
the Followed Threads tab. Is that correct?
Correct. It also supports Brenda's use case of collecting all messages in email (as a personal archive) but using the web features (Inbox, Followed Threads) for day-to-day reading.

... and made the whole Message Selection area a collapsed advanced
options area. Let me know what you think.
I like that a lot better than having an option hiding somewhere in one's profile, or worse in the group's settings.

Another idea, rather than the Advanced Options opener, might be to insert a block of introductory text as the first element in Message Selection, above the All Messages selection. You could use it to promote the feature while simultaneously labeling it as advanced. For example:

"This is an advanced feature unique to Groups.io but modeled on web-based forums. With this option you can limit your email traffic to just the topic threads or subject #Hashtags you are interested in. Leave this set to the default, "All Messages", if you prefer standard mailing list behavior."

-- Shal

Laurence Taylor

On 23/01/2015 09:52, robertgmam@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

_._,_._,_
KKT?

--
rgds
LAurence

What?

Robert.

On 23/01/2015 09:52, robertgmam@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

_._,_._,_
KKT?

--
rgds
LAurence
<><

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Judy F.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but what does KKT mean?

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

[...]

I don't know if that choice of characters had anything to do with Morse code or not, but something similar[1] has long been used in Yahoo Groups' outbound messages as a delimiter for the footer material in HTML formatted messages. They are styled as white text on white so that they are not normally seen.

They provide something that can be automatically detected and trimmed on inbound messages; so that when members reply with full untrimmed quotes the footers don't stack up. Apparently Groups.io uses them too, which is probably no big surprise. In plain text messages Groups.io has a pair of rows of hypens and equal signs, probably put to the same purpose.

The only mystery might be how they came to be visible in someone's post. That may have to do with a conversion between HTML and plain text somewhere.

-- Shal
[1] In Yahoo Groups the lead-in and lead-out sequences have dot and comma exchanged:
.... footer ...

Judy F.

I asked also, so don't feel bad.

Judy F.